cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 5.3 Two users are not allowed to use Firefighter Table Simultaneously

former_member298408
Participant
0 Kudos

We are facing an issue in our GRC 5.3 set up.

Where if someone is accessing Fire-fighter Table, say any owner is trying to assign a FF ID to some user and at the same time if some other user is trying to access FF Table, say for using the FF ID assigned to him, or for any other purpose, it is showing a message that the data is currently locked by other user and can be displayed only.

We are facing such issue for the first time.

Does anyone has any idea about it.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditi,

This is not the problem with SAP GRC Firefighter side but something due to the configuration which is delivered by SAP. This is to avoid data inconsistencies from parallelism of accesses.

Let me explain better how it works:

Multiple users can access the same database object (in this case table /VIRSA/ZFFUSERS) at the same time. To isolate users access from one another, the database system sets locks for these database objects. The locks are requested/released implicitly by the database system, or they can be explicitly requested/released by a user but for this to happen you would need to modify SAP internal kernel code to your needs, this can be difficult to do and can impact data consistency.

When the first user accesses the table it gets assignes an Exclusive lock (The locked data can only be displayed or edited by a single user).Then subsequent accesses to the same table get assigned to Shared lock (More than one user can access the locked data at the same time in display mode).

This is how SAP works to deal with several users accessing the same database object, this is SAP kernel standard behaviour. I would suggest to allocate time slots for each system during the day to access SPM and do FF ids maintenance work.

I hope this information helps.

BR,

Yukti Sharma

Answers (0)