cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Materail groups from ECC to ME

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to SAP ME and we are working on a solution build where we tried to push Master Data created in ECC to ME. We are successful in sending the data from ECC to ME expect for the fact that the Material Group values are not transferred in the Tab Material Group. Also Material Group Maintenance in ME shows no value.

Is there any specific procedure to transfer the data from ECC to ME for Material Group. Your help is greatly appreciated

Regards,

Bhaskar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

Bhaskar, First of all, we are not transferring material groups from ME. We have material groups which are created ME only and maintained under material group maintenance.

Having said that, I have researched little bit about this material group for you. IDOC field E1MARAM\MATKL  has material group populated. ( basic data - material group ) .

And try mapping this field to WS node of

<me:ItemGroupRef>

<!--You may enter the following 2 items in any order-->

<!--Optional:-->

<me:SiteRef>

<me:Site>?</me:Site>

</me:SiteRef>

<me:ItemGroup languageCode="?">?</me:ItemGroup>

</me:ItemGroupRef>

of ItemCreateRequest_sync in XSLT.

It seems you need to change workflow items ( main split work flow xslt and other xslt's) and see if it works.

Thanks

Hari

0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

As I remember, there was a limitation for assigning a materail to material groups. So, first you should try importing the assignment data by means of ERPItemProcessingIn web service. If you ever succeed with this, then you can proceed with ERP/MII part of implementation. But I guess you won't...

So, you need to send a WS request, for example from soapUI, where a material is assigned to several groups, and then check it in Materail Maintenance of SAP ME.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even we have the same requirement of creating material in ECC and creating material group(if possible in ECC).

From above discussions, following is my understanding and respective queries:

1- Create Material in ECC along with material group (not sure where to create material group in ECC).

2- Pass material to SAP ME via SAP MII,using MATMAS IDOC.

Rest of the above configuration steps are not clear...please help me understand the steps involved in this or if I can refer any document giving the procedure.

Thanks.

Regards

Mansi

Answers (0)