cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rush order / stop delivery creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have a requirement to always check the storage location before allocating , as the customer wants to give preference to a particular storage location
and manually allocate from other storage locations.

We have achieved this for standard orders by maintaining the storage location in the allocation variant that's run . (Via : J3AT ).So
when automatically allocating it only allocates from this storage location.

However there is a issue with this process for Rush orders as it automatically allocates and creates the delivery.

Appreciate if anyone could let me know how i can at least control the delivery creation upon checking the storage location for Rush orders.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can achieve this with standard functionality known as Stock Determination, This will automatically allocated the storage location from the corresponding plant based on sequence maintain in stock determination.

Refer following links for your reference & understanding:

- SAP help on Stock Determination

Here you can take us of

- Define Strategies for Stock Determination.

For that follow SPRO path- IMG - MM - Inventory Management & Physical Inventory - Stock Determination

- Assign stock determination rule to relevant item category.

For that follow SPRO path- IMG - MM - Inventory Management & Physical Inventory - Stock Determination - Assign Stock Determination Rule in Applications - Delivery

Thanks, JP

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to VOV8, select your Rush Order type and execute.  There uncheck the box "Immediate Delivery" and save.  Now create a new Rush Order and check.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thank you for your reply. But the requirement is not to stop delivery creating.

The requirement is to check the storage location before allocation / Delivery creation.

e.g: Customer has storage locations 0010 & 0030.

The customer wants to automatically allocate only using storage location 0010. They do not want to allocate using 0030 unless manually done.

I need to know if this scenario can be accommodated for rush orders.

Please let me know if you need additional information.

Thank you,

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If you dont want / stop to creation of Delivery automatically in VA01 for Rush Orders then uncheck Field " Item Relevant for Delivery " in VoV6 and do test again .

Thanks,

Naren