cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplex Printing in Adobe form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a form created with Adobe life cycle designer 8.1. Under Master Pages, we have selected the option 'Print on both sides'  for Printing.

But the document is still printed as Simplex on the Printer. I guess no XDC changes are required as the form is developed in Designer 8.1.

Other documents like Report output etc are printed as Duplex on the same Printer.

Are we missing something?

Thanks

Dhaval

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

After set "Form properties" -> PDF Print Options->"Duplex Flip Short Edge",can you see following line

in the XML source code?

<?PDFPrintOptions duplexMode 1?>

Also, another possilibity to achieve this is to use job profile provided in note 1743567.

file name is PDFDuplexLongEdge.xml or PDFDuplexShortEdge.xml.

Regards,

Shawn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I did ask the basis to check the job-Profiles and they say it is correctly set. Anyways I will again touchbase with them giving the note reference that you have sent. Thanks for the information.

Thanks

Dhaval

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

1. The duplex printing of the adobe PDF forms can be achieved by setting the parameter available on Master Page of Adobe PDF.

This option is available in Adobe Live Cycle Designer 8.0 version.The option is in the object view of the master page.

Master Page->Object->Pagination->Print on Both Sides.

2. Also, please check this document  ( Page Number 14 ) :

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/802ca378-5689-2a10-5298-e537562ba939&override...

Regards,

Sathya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have ALD 8.1 and the option available is 'Print on both sides' for the Page Set. I do not find the option that you have mentioned. Also have set the Property Form Options->PDF Print Options->Duplex Flip Short Edge. But this also did not help.

Regarding the document on Page 14, it says that the change in XDC file is not required for forms created with Designer 8.0 or later.

The Printer that I try to Print is 'SAPWIN' type and report 'RSPO0022' shows XDC 'acrobat6.xdc' attached to it.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to page 10 in http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/8.2/outputForms.pdf. This is one reason that might insert a blank page after the first page in a form intended for double-sided

printing.

Can you ensure there is no sub-form set as 'Go To Next Odd Page'.

Thanks,

Sathya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I have checked the setting and no subform has the Property as ''Go To Next Odd Page'.

Also noticed a standard adobe form FP_TEST_03_TABLE_DUPLEX that is Printed using driver Program FP_TEST_03 is Printed as Simplex. I expect this form to be Printed as Duplex.

Possibly I think the issue is not with the form but something else.

Thanks

Dhaval

0 Kudos

Hi Dhaval,

Have you tried the profile in note 1743567. If you set a duplex job profile, no matter what you set for the

form, it will finally print the PDF as duplex.

Regards,

Shawn