cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Tell me please, how can i copy a productive client without stopping system?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

martin_E
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't stop the ABAP engine as it is required to do the copy. HOWEVER, the problem is that the SOURCE client shouldnt be updated during the copy. If an update (a Logical Unit of Work) modifies two records, whether in the same table or not, one record may have already been copied to the TARGET client with the old value(s), resulting in logical inconsistencies in the data.

For most client copy types, the total time required is relatively short, but if you are copying a full set of data it can take a much longer time. I would never suggest running a full client copy on a production system without scheduling an outage.

hth

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Martin,

SAP mentions that there should be no action in the copied client, which you only get by stopping the jobs and locking the users. Otherwise you would get inconsistencies in the copied data.

Sometimes the user of the new client can live with this inconsistencies, but sometimes not ...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/69/c24c4e4ba111d189750000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Best regards

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Albert,

You don't have to stop the system. Basically (in case of local client copy):

1) create the new client in SCC4 in any client.

2) Login to the new client (you can use sap*/pass, don't forget the parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar)

3) create a administration user like DDIC, with SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW, login with this to the new (target) client

5) Go to SCCL and copy the client (check the profiles about what do you want to copy)

Be careful about source and target clients, the available space and redo log processing.

BB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answers!

I have copied through scc9 and PRD system was not available. This is very bad. I hope by doing your actions I able to copy the client without stopping productive system. Will test!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it will not stop, but you have to count with a large load during the client copy, maybe you will not get free dialog work process during it and also background processing will be slower.

I recommend to run it out of business time.

kabil_g
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Albert,

Check the T-code scc1 ... copy one client to another client 

Regards,

Kabil

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Albert,

To extend the information shared by Vimalan, You may need to select relevant profiles while performing the client copy.

SAP_CUST = Client specific customizing

SAP_ALL = All client specific customizing and application data

Refer links below which shall be useful

Local client copy : http://punarvasi.com/step-by-step-procedure-to-do-local-client-copy-in-an-sap-system/

Remote client copy: http://www.way2sap.com/sap-article/Client-copy-step-by-step-screenshots-1241/

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Albert,

Yes You can perform Local client copy using SCCL tcode.

Just login to the target system with sap* and its password...Start the local client copy using SCCL if the source and the target client are in same system.

In case of different system like Production to quality, try to export the client using SCC8 and import it using SCC9 and perfrom the post client copy activities using SCC7.

I hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal