SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy Grants & their budget Upload

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi;

We are about to go live with FM & GM-GTE, i have a question regarding upload strategy for Grants Master data. Say our go live date is June 1st 2013.  We have around 500 legacy grants. Some of them are in foreign currency and others are in local currency. Majority of them were received before this fiscal year i-e they are not current year grant. I have few queries regarding them.

1..While uploading legacy Grants what should be Grant valid from date, i have set it from 01.06.2013 and consequently budget validity start date is set automatically as 01.06.2013. Is this correct approach to do legacy grants data or we should set grant valid from date as the one on which its original award was received and its budget valid from date should be set from 01.06.2013 ? In this regard please note that we have to upload some old transactional data like Open PR and POs in legacy system too which will consequently consume budget. So in this regard if we had to upload them in previous month dates then will this grant valid from date be viable ?

2..What should be upload strategy for uploading grants master and their budget which are in foreign currency. What about their budget amount translation into local currency. Every grant will have differing amount for their fund and sponsored object , what should be the appropriate strategy.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

In general the valid from date should be based on the budget and transaction data to be converted i.e. the year in which the prior years will be converted. The budget validity date will be the same. The valid to date will be based on the award details.

Thanks

Shyam

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

In general the valid from date should be based on the budget and transaction data to be converted i.e. the year in which the prior years will be converted. The budget validity date will be the same. The valid to date will be based on the award details.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal:

Thank you for your reply, one point in my query is still unanswered . Please tell me how to upload legacy grant budget data for Grants in foreign currency ? How to accommodate the difference in exchange rate for various grants at which their budget have to be converted in local currency .

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

This depends on your currency concept. A common practice is to maintain everything in Company Code currency with translation occurring on the date of the transaction. Balances are translated based on the date of the balance sheet and any unrealized gain or loss kept in a reserved fund balance account. For conversion everything prior to the date of conversion can be translated as of the date of conversion with a brought-forward reserve balance.

Thanks

Shyam