cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP System copy based on Sybase error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am trying to copy production system into development system by using backup & restore method but SWPM is giving me an error like below.

Assertion failed: Unable to use already installed database software

I am using latest version on SWPM and Sybase ASE software. I used SAP Note 1591387, 1611715 and 1585981.

This is sapinst_dev log

<html> <head> </head> <body> <p> An error occurred while processing option <i>SAP Business Suite 7i 2011 > Enhancement Package 6 for SAP ERP 6.0 > Software Life-Cycle Options > System Copy > SAP Sybase ASE > Target System Installation > Central System > Based on AS ABAP > Central System( Last error reported by the step: Assertion failed: Unable to use already installed database software. Refer to trace file sapinst_dev.log for further information.)</i>. You can now: </p> <ul> <li> Choose <i>Retry</i> to repeat the current step. </li> <li> Choose <i>Log Files</i> to get more information about the error. </li> <li> Stop the option and continue with it later. </li> </ul> <p> Log files are written to <code>C:\Program Files/sapinst_instdir/BS2011/ERP606/LM/COPY/SYB/SYSTEM/CENTRAL/AS-ABAP/</code>. </p> </body></html>

TRACE      2013-05-05 12:24:04.585 [iaxxgenimp.cpp:1259]

CGuiEngineImp::acceptAnswerForBlockingRequest

Waiting for an answer from GUI

INFO       2013-05-05 12:24:12.309 [sixxcstepexecute.cpp:1092]

An error occured and the user decided to stop.\n Current step "|NW_ABAP_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|onehost|0|NW_CreateDBandLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|createdbandload|0|NW_CreateDB|ind|ind|ind|ind|createdb|0|NW_SYB_DB|ind|ind|ind|ind|SYB_DB_CONTEXT|0|syb_dialog_dbsw_already_installed".

What can I do?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kaan,

As Paul Power said, there shouldn't be any existing database when you try to restore using SWPM. You can delete the database and then try to import using SWPM.

Alternatively, you can restore the the backup using the restore command through command prompt. Recently we have done this and it worked fine.

Regards

Prakaash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I uninstalled everything on dev server including Sybase DB and restarted system copy process. I passed that error, and after that it asked me my backup location. I showed it my last dump file's location but after process began it failed on configure database server stage.

Error is like below.

An error occurred while processing option SAP Business Suite 7i 2011 > Enhancement Package 6 for SAP ERP 6.0 > Software Life-Cycle Options > System Copy > SAP Sybase ASE > Target System Installation > Central System > Based on AS ABAP > Central System( Last error reported by the step: Assertion failed: Unable to set up initial database configuration parameters. Refer to trace file sapinst_dev.log for further information.).

TRACE      2013-05-05 17:40:42.116

syb_step_database_parameters: isql file=C:\Program Files/sapinst_instdir/BS2011/ERP606/LM/COPY/SYB/SYSTEM/CENTRAL/AS-ABAP/\srvconfig.sql rc=0

ERROR      2013-05-05 17:40:42.126 [iaxxinscbk.cpp:277]

CJS-00030  Assertion failed: Unable to set up initial database configuration parameters. Refer to trace file sapinst_dev.log for further information.

TRACE      2013-05-05 17:40:42.127 [iaxxejsbas.hpp:424]

handleException<ESAPinstException>()

Converting exception into JS Exception Exception.

TRACE      2013-05-05 17:40:42.127

Function setMessageIdOfExceptionMessage: modlib.jslib.caughtException

ERROR      2013-05-05 17:40:42.127

CJSlibModule::writeError_impl()

MUT-03025  Caught ESAPinstException in module call: .

TRACE      2013-05-05 17:40:42.128 [iaxxejsbas.hpp:503]

EJS_Base::dispatchFunctionCall()

JS Callback has thrown unknown exception. Rethrowing.

ERROR      2013-05-05 17:40:42.212 [sixxcstepexecute.cpp:995]

FCO-00011  The step syb_step_database_parameters with step key |NW_ABAP_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|onehost|0|NW_CreateDBandLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|createdbandload|0|NW_CreateDB|ind|ind|ind|ind|createdb|0|NW_SYB_DB|ind|ind|ind|ind|SYB_DB_CONTEXT|0|syb_step_database_parameters was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step: Assertion failed: Unable to set up initial database configuration parameters. Refer to trace file sapinst_dev.log for further information.).

TRACE      2013-05-05 17:40:42.281 [kdxxctaco.cpp:224]

CKdbTableContainerImpl::syncToContainerFile lib=iakdblib

CKdbTableContainerImpl::syncToContainerFile start ...

TRACE      2013-05-05 17:40:42.568 [kdxxctaco.cpp:256]

after creating out stream

TRACE      2013-05-05 17:40:42.700 [kdxxctaco.cpp:290]

CKdbTableContainerImpl::syncToContainerFile stop ...

TRACE      2013-05-05 17:40:42.716 [syxxcfile.cpp:123]

CSyFileImpl::decideIfMoveCopyNode(const CopyMoveDestinationInfo & {m_nodeTypeForCombiCheck: ..., m_path: C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/BS2011/ERP606/LM/COPY/SYB/SYSTEM/CENTRAL/AS-ABAP/__instana_tmp.1.xml, m_realNodeType: 8}, ISyNode::CopyMoveMode_t 0x3, PSyNodeInt &) const 

lib=syslib module=syslib

Target node does not exist and (mode & ISyNode::MISSING) ==> I will copy/move.

TRACE      2013-05-05 17:40:42.717 [syxxcnode.cpp:490]

CSyNodeImpl::move(const CSyPath & C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/BS2011/ERP606/LM/COPY/SYB/SYSTEM/CENTRAL/AS-ABAP/__instana_tmp.1.xml, ISyNode::CopyMoveMode_t 0x3)

lib=syslib module=syslib

Moved C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/BS2011/ERP606/LM/COPY/SYB/SYSTEM/CENTRAL/AS-ABAP/__instana_tmp.xml to C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/BS2011/ERP606/LM/COPY/SYB/SYSTEM/CENTRAL/AS-ABAP/__instana_tmp.1.xml

INFO       2013-05-05 17:40:42.724 [synxcpath.cpp:814]

CSyPath::createFile() lib=syslib module=syslib

Creating file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\BS2011\ERP606\LM\COPY\SYB\SYSTEM\CENTRAL\AS-ABAP\__instana_tmp.xml.

TRACE      2013-05-05 17:40:44.627

SAPInst calls the LogInquirer. The output of the LogInquirer can be found in file sapinst_loginquirer.log.

TRACE      2013-05-05 17:40:44.717 [iaxxgenimp.cpp:745]

CGuiEngineImp::showMessageBox

<html> <head> </head> <body> <p> An error occurred while processing option <i>SAP Business Suite 7i 2011 > Enhancement Package 6 for SAP ERP 6.0 > Software Life-Cycle Options > System Copy > SAP Sybase ASE > Target System Installation > Central System > Based on AS ABAP > Central System( Last error reported by the step: Assertion failed: Unable to set up initial database configuration parameters. Refer to trace file sapinst_dev.log for further information.)</i>. You can now: </p> <ul> <li> Choose <i>Retry</i> to repeat the current step. </li> <li> Choose <i>Log Files</i> to get more information about the error. </li> <li> Stop the option and continue with it later. </li> </ul> <p> Log files are written to <code>C:\Program Files/sapinst_instdir/BS2011/ERP606/LM/COPY/SYB/SYSTEM/CENTRAL/AS-ABAP/</code>. </p> </body></html>

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is my solution

I uninstalled all SAP instances (DAA and my SAP system) and uninstalled Sybase DB as well. I put my dump file into a folder and showed SWPM that folder. After that I did memory configuration according to

Note 1837579 - SYB: SAP installer fails at step "Configure Database Server"

I also integrated latest 720 EXT UC kernel into my kernel dvd.

I hope this helps to others.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

paul_power
Active Contributor

Dear Kaan,

Is their already an existing Sybase installation on the target machine?

I believe their should not be at this stage, then sapinst would not find an already existing sybase installation, would create one and pause, prompting you to restore your backup.

Check for existing environment variable SYBASE, and if it exists, check what exists on that path.

If issues persist, pleae attach the full sapinst_dev.log and the last few log files which were updated by this phase.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

There was already a development system on target host, I am only trying to refresh my system landscape. So I restored my production system into development system after that I executed SWPM and got that error. I also selected homogeneous system copy option but after I show SWPM my Sybase RBDMS folder it stops and gave that error.