Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to cancel scheduled messages in PI 7.1

former_member200339
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am working in SAP PI 7.1

There is a huge quantity of messages stuck in the adapter engine i.e. more than 40 lacs. They are all JDBC messages. All the JDBC channels were stopped about a couple of months back and as a result this accumulation of messages.

Messages are in the following two status in the AE.

1. Error

2. Scheduled

I could easily cancel all the error messages but when I try to cancel the scheduled messages I am getting the error :

Could not execute action 'Cancel'; error: '{1}' Message: ProfileException in Method: CentralViewManager: processAction( IView, IViewData, UIPeriod, IAttribute, IAttribute ). Failed to process the action: CANCEL - general exception. Message: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.message.MessageAccessException: Could not fail message. Reason: com.sap.engine.messaging.runtime.ClusterException: Could not trigger cluster event FAIL_MESSAGE_NOALERT for node 126412050. Reason: com.sap.engine.frame.cluster.message.RemoteClusterException: Service "com.sap.aii.af.ms.svc" on cluster element 126,412,050 thrown an exception in receiveWait(), invoked by a request by cluster element 118,105,450.

Any suggestions then please reply.

Thanks and Regards,

Rana Brata De

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

You can't cancel message with status schedule, only message with status error.

You can check the first message with this status and you cand resend and then the others should be send.

Regards

Lucho.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

baskar_ramasamy
Participant
0 Kudos

Rana,

In RWB -> Message Monitoring -> Adapter Engine -> Database Overview. Please check the earlier/previous messages got stuck, like check last month or last year , if any messages still in scheduled status , just cancel those messages. then all the 40 L messages should be processed.

Thanks,

Baskar

former_member206439
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the similar problem.

But if see the message status at database - adaptor Engine at RWB it shows me Cancelled with Errors but on the database overview adaptor engine level it shows in scheduled status.

Why it is showing wrong status here.

Thanks

Naresh N

Bhavani_Baisani
Participant
0 Kudos

Rana,

stop and then start the channel once. Then check the messages still showing in schedule then resend. cancel the system error messages.

Regards,

Bhavani.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rana,

Try this way, stop receiver channel for schedule messages after that try to resend those messages eventually all messages will end up in system error status after that cancel it

Thanks,

Raj

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Nice idea .

However, I think scheduled messages will be resend automatically after sometime. I am not sure whether it can be re-sent manually.

Regards,

Sami.

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rana,

You can not cancel the scheduled messages.PI System will not allow you to cancel those messages wait until they get timed out and come to system error status then only you will be able to cancel.

Thanks,

Naveen.