cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Actual Cost against Manual Task Confirmation in cProject?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PPM Gurus,

I am doing a Manual confirmation (not CATS confirmation) on cproject Task. It is happening successfully and I am getting "Work Complete %" on the Task Dashboard. However, I do not see 'Actual Costs' being populated against this confirmation on ECC side or on cProject Dashboard.

Is it that the manual confirmations are not expected to bring the actual costs as a standard system behavior? If so, how come confirmation
via CATS brings actual costs on cProject Dashboard (after running CATS xFer & program 'DPR_CATS_CPR_TRANSF')?

So ‘Manual Confirmation’ & ‘CATS Confirmation’ is treated differently in cPropject or am I missing something here?

Your inputs will be appreciated. I am on PPM 5.0 with ECC EhP 6.

Regards,

Bhushan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhushan,

It is not necessary to have CATS time booking for bringing actual cost to the cProject. In your case Besides doing manual time confirmation you would need to post CO documents for the attached PS Project in ECC system. You could do that using some BADI or using a batch program.

Hope this helps you ...

Regards

Gautam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gautam,

I understand. So that means there is no 'standard functionality' available. I wonder though why SAP didn't give such standard functionality. Because when hours are planned on cProject tasks (along with accounting integration), SAP typically does Easy Cost Planning (ECP) automatically on the respective WBS elements on ECC side. For the same ECP structure, there is 'execution service’ available called ‘Internal Activity Allocation’. Using this, once cProject task is confirmed, automatic confirmation on WBS would have been also possible. CATS confirmation creating CO documents Vs Manual confirmations not creating them looks little inconsistent (& hence hard to digest). Hope you will agree.

Regards,

Bhushan

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Brushan,

I agree with you that it is a missing functionality, the same that approval time that have to be done in ECC or implementing a consulting solution to can approve in PPM.

I think time confirmation can  be entered in CAT2 or using Employee Self Service but by standard, actual time confirmation in cProjects is not transferred to ECC and converted in actual time/actual costs.

But if you integrate PPM with CATS, in CAT2 the user will see only the projects that have assigned in PPM.

Regards,

Clara

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Brushan,

Actual costs in a task are updated with the actual costs of the object linked(ECC) and as far as I know it is automatic ( not needed to execute a report).

DPR_CATS_CPR_TRANSF transfer the actual time ( not the cost) from PS to the tasks( the actual cost will be updated automatically without needed to execute a report)

Manual confirmation in a task won't update the actual cost in a task.

Not sure if this can help you,

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clara,

Thanks for the response.

I checked once again in the system and observe that 'Actual
Cost' on the 'project dashboard' appear only after executing program
'DPR_CATS_CPR_TRANSF' (& clicking 'refresh' link). CATS entry & xFer
(i.e. Tx CAT2 & CAT4) seems to be not sufficient for 'actual cost' to
appear on cProject side. However, my question is beyond that. If a customer
decides to use manual confirmation instead of CATS for confirmation of tasks, I
guess cProject will be able to capture only 'planned costs' against the task
& will be unable to capture 'actual costs'. This seems to be inconsistent
considering the SAP PS behavior where confirmations against network activity (Tx
CN25) leads to actual costs for network, WBS & the corresponding PS projects.

Regards,

Bhushan

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bhushan,

The actual costs should be refreshed automatically in cProjects, independent on they are provided by time entry, a invoice a GR...not sure why it is not working in your case.

The actual time confirmed in PS it is not automatic, it is needed transfer from PS to cProjects. Other option is entered manually in the task.

Also, you need actual costs are upated when time is confirmed manually in a tasks. But how these "actual costs are entered in PS"???

I mean if you have a link ( task - WBS ) and cofirm the time in a task and you could enter a "actual costs only in a task" the actual costs in the task will be different from the actual costs in the WBS, why do you need actual costs different PS/cProjects?

For me your question make sense when you have cProject not linked to Accounting part, but If you have linked I think it is not correct have dfferent information in cProjects that in Accounting.

Not sure if I am not understanding your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clara,

I have the "task - WBS" link established and due to the 'Work' and the 'Cost Rate' assigned to the task, we get 'planned cost' in the cProject. This planned cost also reflects on corresponding PS project via Easy Cost Planning.

Now the 'actual cost' also needs to reflect in the project (in PS or cProject) after 'manual confirmation'. I am trying to figure out how that gets reflected.

Will appreciate your inputs on that.

Regards,

Bhushan

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bhusham,

The actual cost should be confirmed using CAT2 in PS this time will be transferred to cprojects using the report DPR_CATS...,

To transfer the cost to the WBS you need execute CATA transaction and transfer the cost to the WBS, automatically it will be reflected in the task.

Not sure if this help you,

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Clara,

So between 'manual time confirmation' vs 'CATS time confirmation', only CATS will bring  'actual cost' in cProject (and not the manual confirmation). Is that correct?

Regards

Bhushan