cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Delivery Qty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!!

I would like to know, how the system determine the default delivery quantity of DN?

Sometime it have the outstanding delivery qty set as default, sometime it does not have any quantity set.

I just know that it is related to the availability check & the stock quantity, but could someone please tell me how the relationship in between & how the system calculate the date??

Thank You so much!!

Best Regards,

Chris Poon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi chris

if you put KP in Availlability chek of material master for a particular item, then the item will be visible in delivery

and the dates for schedule line will be taken into account through the deliver date of sales order if you dont put KP in A/C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply.

Yes, all the material's Availability check is set to be 02 Individ.requirements.

Could you please explain how the dates for schedule line taken into account?

There are many dates in SO schedule.

- Delivery date

- Loading date

- Material avail.date

- Transportation Plan. Date

Further, in DN there are

- Planned GI date

- Picking date

- Loading Date (Header)

- Transport Date (Header)

- Material avail. date

how are the date calculated??

Thank You very much!

Best Regards,

Chris Poon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

When system derives the below mentioned dates, it does it in two ways,

1. Backward scheduling: First backward scheduling is done,

Based on the requested delivery date entered, system will start computing the individual dates backward from requested delivery date.

- The Goods issue date is calculated backwards from the requested delivery date by taking the transit time set in the route master

- The loading date is calculated backwards from the Goods issue date by taking the loading time set in the shipping point master

- The transportation planning date is calculated backwards from the Loading date by taking the transportation lead time into account set in the route master

- The material availability date is calculated backwards from the loading date by taking the Pick/pack time into account from the Shipping point master

If the calculated material planning date or the transportation planning date fall before the order date, the system will start Forward scheduling

- Materials availability date is calculated forward from the order date based on whether the material is in house produced or externally procured. The lead times are set in the MRP 1 view in the material master

- The loading date is calculate forward from the Material availability date by taking the pick pack time set in the shipping point master

- The Goods issue date is calculated forwards from the Loading date by taking the Loading time set in the shipping point master

- The new requested delivery date is finally calculated forwards from the Goods issue date by taking into account the transit time set in the route master.

Hope this gives you good idea on the different scheduling date calculation in SAP.

Please reward suitable points if useful,

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sagar! Points rewarded.

I get how these date are determined. Then I would like to ask which Calendar above base on? The plant's Calendar or the shipping point's calendar?

Also, back to my original question, how these dates control the default delivery quantity? Sometime empty, and sometime with value?

I heard that the Material in house production days also affect it. But how?

Thanks in advance!!

Best Regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

To answer the first part of the question,

The pick/pack lead time, loading time and the transportation lead time are based on the shipping point factory calender.

The transit lead time is based on the route factory calender.

Regarding the second part of the question, i believe you are asking about the confirmed quantity at the schedule line level.

As in the earlier post, you saw how the material availability date is calculated. The meaning of material availability check is that the material should be available on this date in order to meet the requested delivery date. Hence system will run availability check to see if material would be available on this date. The availability check code would be picked up from the material master. Then based on the settings for the availability check in OVZ9, system will do the checking. For checking at the order level, it willl check the setttings for availability check code and checking rule 'A' (SD order).

The checking control tell what are the inward/outward stock movement for the material system should consider.

For eg.. if the material availability date was calculated to be March 7 and the required qty is 80,

and the current stock situation is like this until March 7,

1.Current on hand quantity i.e current stock available is 100 qty

2. There is another open sales order for the material with 60 qty

3. There is a incoming purchase order 20 qty

So system would calculate the available stock on March 7th as

Stock available = 100 (current stock) - 60 (outward sales order qty) + 20 (incomeing PO qty)

= 60

So system will confirm only 60 qty on March 7.

If partial delivery is allowed, system will confirm 60 on March 7 and then it will do checking again on when the another 20 qty can be confirmed.

If complete delivery is required, then system will confirm 0 qty on March 7 and start doing checking again when it can be confirmed. If there is no enough inward movement, it will confirm 0.

I have tried to explain with a basic scenario. Hope it helps to give you an idea on how SAP does the checking for the material availability.

Please award points if useful,

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You very much!

Point assigned.

Answers (0)