cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert to Requester if Confirmation not created by due date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are currently in blueprint stage using SRM 7.0 SP2 and ECC 6.0 EhP6 in Classic scenario.

There is a requirement to send alert (both mail & alert in UWL) to requester when confirmation was due and not entered, i.e., when confirmation due date is passed.

Can this alert functionality be used without activating the confirmation workflow ?

Do I need to create a custom alert category for missed confirmations ? Please let me know the steps to be followed through configuration in order to achieve this.

Many Thanks,

PD.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have implemented a custom workflow (SRM 5.0) to meet this objective. I am not sure if there is a SAP delivered PCW for this item in SRM7.02; However it is easy to check in the Process Controlled workflow configuration.

I would recommend not to use workflow for this item, but a background job which is run 5 times a day (let us say) during business hours and send a remainder. The reason is - it is easy to maintain and the system load is very low. Because Workflows are persistent objects (Sit in the memory) and they are created for every shopping cart and not all the shopping carts will fall into this alert category!

Please let us know what have you decided to go with.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello K P,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, because we too did not find any standard workflow front and seem inclined towards the custom program option.

Please let me know any additional info regarding the custom program, if you have any. Every bit helps 🙂
Again, thanks for your inputs.

Regards,

PD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My customer requirement was to send notification about not confirmed SC's every seven days.

No standard alert cover this requirement, so I write a custom report for this.

I think there is fastest way to achieve this.

Regards,

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcin,

Yes, we too are heading the custom report way.

Thanks for confirming !!!!

Best,

PD.

Answers (0)