cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant Config Material Variant BOMs missing part

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings all,

I recently updated a model we're using to add a new characteristic. After doing so some of our existing Material Variants when viewed in CS12 have lost a Material that was showing up before this addition. This same material does show up in the results screen of CU50 however if the same variant is put in there.

The selection condition for this part that is playing hide and seek did have a line added to it to take the new characteristic into consideration and if that line is commented out the part will show in CS12 again. There were updates to the procedure as well to hide and set to a default no value of '0' the new characteristic unless certain countries are selected and I have tried removing parts of that block as well as the entire block and the only thing that seems to make the part come back is removing the line $root.EARLY_SENSE_PVSM = '0'. It is one of 4 characteristics in that selection condition that all are set up the same but for the character name.

The bit that is confusing to me though is how CU50 pulls the part fine which I would think means the code is executing properly but CS12 isn't getting it (and thus the production orders on the floor they use to assemble the product are missing it as well, and I believe there are some MRP issues happening where it's not reporting too those I do not understand as well however)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated I've run out of things I know of to try. Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if it's common to come back and answer your own question but just in case this happens to anyone else here is the solution we found finally today.

When this change was first put in I ran a winshuttle to update the variants that already existed with a value of '0' and I believe this is where my mistake was. On the MRP3 tab in the configure variant screen even though it showed as being populated with the 0 value it seems to have not accepted it (even with a green light on the configuration). Once the field was cleared and the value of '0' re-entered that variant's CS12 started showing the BOM material that had been missing since the characteristic was added.

I did run another winshuttle to do the rest of these for me as there were a few hundred to do and after some checking it seems to have cleared the issue up.

What I am not sure of and would like to know if anyone has the information is the CU50 vs CS12 discrepancy. Does CU50 use the Basic Data configuration possibly and CS12 the MRP3 configuration which is what would lead them to give different values?