cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap hana user management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear mentors when i created a user in sap hana database ( lets say TESTSAPHANA as we known the default schema will be created ) instead of that all the schema will be added to the newly created user I’d like to here 4m our mentors

thanks in Advance

keerthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keerthi,

While creating the user (TESTSAPHANA) assign the following privileges:

Granted Roles: Modeling (Public will be given automatically)

SQL Privileges: _SYS_BI, _SYS_BIC (Check box Execute, Select), REPOSITORY_REST (Execute)

System Privileges: Catalog Read

When adding system for user TESTSAPHANA, this time you will see only your default schema as shown below.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi raj thank you very much for your replay in my point here its not the problem with the privileges pls have a look at the screen shoot on which i attached its not only added default schema author sachema's also added

kind regards

keerthi

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keerthi,

In order to see only default schema and not other or author schema's, you can do this by using privileges which I mentioned above. Also the result is shown in screenshot of my previous one.

If still this is not the one you are looking then might be I am mis-understanding your queston

Regards

Raj

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keerthi,

I suspect either A) Somebody has went into PUBLIC role and added all of those SCHEMAS to the SQL Privileges tab of the PUBLIC role perhaps?   Can you open role called PUBLIC and look at SQL privileges tab?  Do you see the schemas there?  If so perhaps they should remove them from PUBLIC and create a separate more appropriate role for these other schemas. 

B) On your TESTSAPHANA user on the 2nd tab for SQL privileges is anything listed there?  I am assuming NO but just checking to confirm.

-Patrick