cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating BC Sets and Common Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Can any one explain to me how to know what BC Sets to activate when carrying out a GRC 10.0 Post implementation?

Also can anyone point me to a link explaining why we Activate Common Workflow ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Colleen has responded re AC.  For PC we recommend activating ALL BC sets.  The only exceptions are a couple of BC sets that relate only to upgrades from PC 2.5 or 3.0 to 10.0  There is also one BC set in the PC area that referes to AC roles.  You don't want to activate that one.  The workflow MUST be configured for PC.  PC is largely an out-of-box implementation and the workflow is not flexible as it is in AC.  Unless you active and configure workflow in PC as instructed in the IMG Help and also activate the BC sets, Process Control will not work. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Could you please confirm the BC sets name that don't want to activate.

GRPC-AGENTSLOTC-GLOBAL - Global Roles to Receive Tasks in Workflow

Regards,

Amit

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Emmanual

The installation guides (and as Paul mentioned the GRC300 training) covers this off)

For AC, PC and RM there are different BC sets

Transaction SCPR20 - BC Set Activation

GRAC_* and GRC_MSMP* are the BC Sets for Access Controls

For PC and RM you would need to look at GRFN*, GRPC* and GRRM*

The idea of the BC sets is to provide baseline configuration for key IMG configuration and the MSMP (if implementing Access Control). You choose which sets you want to activate for your requirements. For example, the GRAC_RULESET* contains the Segregation of Duties Ruleset for Risk Analysis and Remeidation. If you are not connecting to a JDEdwards system then you don't need to activate GRAC_RA_RULESET_JDE.

Tip to check out the available BC for a specific configuration: Open IMG > go into hierarchy (Display IMG) > Choose Additional Information > BC Sets > Existing Sets. You will see which items have BC Sets

You can then right click on the BC Sets Exists/Activated to go to the BC Set and see

I would recommend you activate them for these activities. You can always delete the entries out of the config if you don't like them. However, the BC Set values for Access Controls match the default values for the configuration parameters, etc.

For your second question, what do you mean by "common workflow"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Paul and Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Paul,

While am practicing i had faced the same error & I had rectified by activation BC set for workflow.

Now its working fine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this in reference to Access Control, Process Control, or Risk Management?  All are GRC. These topics are covered in the GRC training that is offered.  Have you taken a training course? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is in in reference to Access Control