cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phantom assembly in SNP PDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I deleted phantom assembly on APO side following the normal procedure and at the end I deleted the SKU. I had system green light all over the process. I also deleted the parent of the phantom and I retransfer it again on APO side. However I don't know why with the new retransfer the SKU- phantom appears again as component that deal with error message during the BOM explosion in APO. 

I ran SNP Time Ser. Network Consistency Check and OM17 to fix any inconsistent master data.

How can avoid the transfer of the phantom as PDS component on APO side during the CIF transfer or how can I delete the phantom from the PDS?

Thank you, Marius

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Marius,

PDS cannot create without BOM in the production version because the BOM is needed to calculate the mode duration. In case of PDS you have to send the BOM for Phantom assembly.

So you have to create a PV for Phantom Assembly as well. In that PV assign the BOM of the Phantom assembly.

which will help you in the planning, and you'll not get the error message during the BOM explosion in APO.

Regards

Debashis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Desbashis,

Thanks for reply.

In our case we plan on APO side just some critical materials. So, for this reason we don't need to have the entire BOM structure in PDS. The phantom will be exploded on ECC side by MRP.

The issue is that; eater the SKU (phantom) is not open in APO, after PDS retransfer from ECC the phantom appears again in the new PDS.

In my opinion you can't transfer BOM Phantom in APO if you have PV!

Is there a solution to check the PDS consistency after deletion?

Thank you, Marius 

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

It looks like you have CIF'ed the phantom assembly to APO as location product. When you transfer the PDS-S of finished good to APO, it will be associated with all the components that are SDP relevant. Assuming you have also CIF'ed the phantom assembly BOM as PDS-S, then you can see the components of this assembly as well in the PDS-S of finished good.

If you want to avoid phantom assembly in the finished good's PDS-S, then mark the phantom location product as non-SDP relevant (t.code /sapapo/mat1 - properties tab), delete the PDS-S of finished good and phantom assembly (if CIF'ed), and retransfer them to APO using t.code CURTO_CREATE in ECC.

If you don't want this product in APO, then update your CIF integration models to exclude this product, regenerate, and activate them.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

This is exactly what I did in my procedure. But when I retransferred again the PDS the phantom was taken in consideration even if it was deleted on APO side.

Your last suggestion it gave me an idea which solve the issue. I deactivated the IM for materials and I retransferred again the PDS. The PDS was correctly created without phantom.

So, If the phantom (SKU) is deleted in APO but if it still exist in the active IM the PDS will consider the SKUs from the IM and not from APO material master. So, the phantom (SKU) should be deleted from APO system and from integration model in the same time. 

Thanks for the help.

Regards, Marius