cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative stock should not be allowed in storage type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Following is the picking procedure for warehouse.

1. TO is created to remove stock from storage type 001 to 920(of storage loaction mapped under WMS) using movement type 999

2. Transfer posting is carried out to transfer stock from storage type 920to any other storage location(not mapped under WMS)

I dont want stock of 920 to go in negative.

If the stock is not available error message should appear.

.In the configuration of defining storage type i have untick teh option' allow negative stock'.

But stll the error is not appearing and stock can be transfered .

Please suggest how to configure storage type so that the stock should not go negative.

\

Regards,

Sampada Desale

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please verify in the below configuration to see whether negative stock is allowed for your storage type or not

IMG->LE->WM->Interfaces->IM->Allow negative stocks in interim storage types, then select allow negative stock for each storage type. Here uncheck the check box 'allow negative stock' if you don't want the system to post the negative stocks.

Also, if you want to set up error message, you need to use paramter MSV in the user profile, refer below link for complete details.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/c6/f83f974afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/content.htm

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr Vijay,

I did the config..But still the stock has gone to -ve.

I followed following steps for testing.

Stock was 2 EA in Storage type 920.

I did migo (using customised movement type-copy of 311).the stock will be now removed from 920 storage type to teh destination SLoc mentioned in MIGO.Qty 5 EA.

Ideally the posting should not be allowed.

Still the stock has gone -ve.

Please suggest.

Sampada V Desale.

Answers (0)