cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phase in / phase out profiling is not behaving as expected in combination with like profiling.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Phase in / phase out profiling is not behaving as expected in combination with like profiling.

I noticed that that the history is copied by the like profile as it should be until the actual date reached the maintained phase in date.

If a certain code passed the maintained phase in date, the history of the like-codes is not copied anymore. Instead, just the history of actual shipments on that specific code is taken into account

If the phase in date is deleted on the code which passed phase in date and statistical forecast calculation is re-ran, the stat forecast is calculated as it should.

The phase in date should however have no impact on the history.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kiran,

Absolutely.

This is indeed the case I noted with PLC and abandoned it long back. There are some other bugs. I hope to find time to compile and publish it and hope notes are released by 2015 to correct the same. Instead of shifting the dates appropriately based on forecast run  dates, it (running the forecast) seems to apply some naïve arithmetic sans the science. This is because by design the life cycle profiles are invoked only when a forecast is run. So SAP should have provided some current settings in the profile definition or assignment screens to account for this fact that forecast need not and does not run everyday

There is an ugly looking screen hidden in this path below to make some settings to control this

/SAPAPO/MSDP_FCST1 > Assignments > Go to > Phase in/Phase out profiles > Settings

There are some radio buttons with no context help of what it means. So please test with all permutations and see if you get desired results. I have not tested this. My guess is this probably exists as an afterthought or probably this is intentionally hidden to torture humble mortals.

Thanks

Borat