Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

cannot register crystl32.ocx in Windows 7

I have trouble registering crystl32.ocx in Windows 7. The error message is "The module crystl32.ocx failed to load. Make sure the binary is stored at the sepecified path or debug it to check the problems with the binary or dependent .dll" files. The crystl32.ocx is indeed there under the system32 folder.

I have been researching on the internet and still can not register it. Any help?

Are you running 32 or 64 bit Windows 7? 

What version or Crystal Reports are you using? 

Do you get this message when you are adding the OCX to your application or running your application? 

Is your application a Visual Studio application or developed in a different language? 

The OCX control hasn't been supported for almost 10 years now.  It requires the 32 bit OLE files which I doubt would be installed if you are running 64 bit Windows. 

In the past, when this message appeared, the solution was to install 32 bit OLE by installing Office or another program that has OLE. 

The recommendation would be to update your application and replace the OCX.  If that is not an option then see if you can install 32 bit OLE. 

Good luck,

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question