Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB version on solman upgrade

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I´m on the processo of upgrading my solman from the 7.0 EHP1 to 7.1 and it stopped during the Extraction roadmap step, with the error:

##########

ERROR: DB version 09.00.4035.00 out of range (too low) Upgrade the database system at least to version 10.00.2531

INFO: Please note that this check may be preliminary since the tool has not yet collected enough information about the target. So the requested version might eventually be higher.

Determined system information:

Type of operating system: Windows NT X86_64

Version of operating system: 6.1

Type of database: MSSQL

Version of database: 09.00.4035.00

##########

According with some readings the version  10.00.2531 belongs to SQL 2008 SP1. What is the walkaround of this, I don´t want to upgrade the SQL 4 SAP.

Best regards,

Nelson Chamba\

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

devendrassoni
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson,

Did you find solution for this problem?

I am also stucked in same situation.

Best Regards

Devendra Soni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devendra,

You may check the SUM tool version. Have a look the following SAP note 1732061 (SUM central note)

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1732061

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Casmito

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Soni,

Yes, I got the solution by upgrading the Kernel.

Also upgrade de SUM and the change de mssversion.

Best regards,

Nelson Chamba\

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the PAM, SolMan 7.1 is supported on MSSQL 2005 as well.

Please check if you are using the latest upgrade media and also the latest patches of upgrade tools and fixes.

Regards,

Srikishan

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agreed with you and this is not too old SUM packages the last one is SP07 and this on is SP06, you can check this here:

Manifest-Version: 1.0

keyname: SUM

keyvendor: sap.com

keylocation: SAP AG

compilation mode: UNICODE

compiled for: 64 BIT

release: 1.0

support package: 6

patch number: 1

native branch: lmt_007

java branch: lmtj_007_REL

assembly time: 2012-12-18 08:04:08

pack version: 25

pack tool version: 1.042

And if i download the latest SP07 I´ll need to run all from scratch and it will forget all the passed steps from this version, will pop-up new dependencies and put me stack again.

Please advise.

Nelson Chamba\

TomCenens
Active Contributor
nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Tom,

Thank you for the help but the problem now is where is the location of the file because I have 2 places on my system the ERP and the SOLMAN. On solman directory i replaced all of them and the error still, maybe I´m replacing the wrong file.

Please check my directory tree:

C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\SOLMAN\SYSTEM\MSS\CENTRAL\AS

and here there is a file mssversions

But there are more 3 directories that has the file as well and replaced check the file in the attachment.

Where is this file located?

Regards,

Nelson Chamba\

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson

Did you stop SUM and start it up again? Perhaps you would have to stop the installer & restart it for the values to be active.

I'm not sure if that's it but with SAPinst (predecessor of SUM), making changes to the xml files meant stop/start SAPinst in order for SAPinst to read the file, capture the values and use the values.

Best regards

Tom

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Did it and still, really still need to find out from which mssversions.xml file it´s reading. Maybe restart the instance and later one the server it will help, but now people are logged on because I do still have a DEV system on the same box.

Please advice.

Regards,

Nelson Chamba\

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson

Since I can't test it, I would suggest you to log a customer message. You already have a lot of information at hand, provide as much as possible to SAP and they will hopefully be able to provide you with an answer.

Best regards

Tom