cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect a job server group to a load balancing group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy colleagues,

we have an active job server group (SM61:SUB_ALE) in our ERP systems with 3 instances connected to it.

we also have a logon group (SMLG:BW_Users) in our ERP system for these 3 instances.

the connection from our BW system via RFC to the ERP system is using this logon group.

How can we combine the job server group with that logon group - or

is it possible to change the rfc in an alternative way to the job server group?

We want that the connection is using load balancing and the triggered ERP backend jobs only run on thes 3 servers/instances.

kind regards

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

As far as I know, you should use the RFC logon groups via transaction RZ12.

The processes/jobs that are being executed via BW should only run on the servers that are configured for the RFC logon group.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I read about that possibility but I wonder how to connect the RFC connection to a RFC group on the source system.

I am only able to connect via logon groups in the RFCs.

The Erp system has 8 instances and 4 of the remaining 5 servers are used in another logon group context. (if the defined RFC groups are valid for all RFC logons in ERP)

kind regards

Thomas Uhl

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you want the users to connect to only theses 3 instances in ERP ?

If yes then create a logon group for these 3 instances using SMLG ( you have it already)

Then make necessary changes i.e. enable load balancing in the RFC of the connecting systems.

Also in SAP logon pad you can edit the server and add the logon group created by you in SAP so that the users log on to the instances only specified in the logon group.Also the users can schedule jobs here so that they will get executed on these 3 instances only.

Pls try and post your results.

BR,

Madhura

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhura,

these are exactly our settings - but still all the ERP servers are concerned/connected as remote gateways.

Seem, that setting is only valid for the initial login - after that the ERP routes to any available instance ...

kind regards

Thomas Uhl