cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross-system SQL trace

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am looking for a method to trace all SQL statements, running in the SAP system and updating the database (INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE). Like SQL trace in ST05, but not user-dependent. The purpose is to catch all updates from all users and store these updates in a database within the same SAP instance. I think it would be similar to Oracle ReDo logs techniques, but on SAP transactional level of details.

Are there any SAP standard tools for doing that?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

I've been looking into DB replication in the way Oracle ReDo logs are working, btu unfortunately plenty of details are lost by that stage. For example, it works with kind of generic user ID-s, doesn't have any idea about SAP transaction, which triggered the action and the worst of all - nobody knows how to decipher it in order to bring it back to the tables/fields/values, discplayed in the SQL trace.

Or are you talking about something different?

Thank you!

former_member193464
Contributor
0 Kudos

I remember ST05 has a filter on user , i think you can remove it , then it will be for all the applications in that instance ? Can you please check that once... no access to SAP system right now.... you can also check ST01 ( i think that can also be set for all the users)...
forgive if i am wrong...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Indeed ST01 allows non-user-specific scan, but I need something less performance consuming, as the screening should be executed permanently on the living production system. In addition I would like to be able to store each SQL statement as a separate piece of information.

I would appreciate any further thoughts!

Thank you!

former_member193464
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi jinni,
yes having run ST01 conitnuously has a performance issue.

Please go through the note 755977
This is on ST12 the new enhanced trace/performance tool given by SAP . May be this will fit you requirement somehow as it is mainly for monitoring just after go-live in the production system.
Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Maverick!

But could you think about the load on the system (in %-s), where ST12 would be permanently switched on for all servers and users? And is there any standard way to identify and store separately only specific SQL statements ?

Would something among CCMS or NetWeaver agents do the same action, but with less performance stress ?

What do you think about it?

former_member193464
Contributor
0 Kudos

sorry but m not sure which would have higher performance , in ST12 you can have a trace just for SQL(sql trace)... may be some one who have worked with both can help in this regard....

However can you get in touch with your db team .... because there should be a way for server side trace  for all the DB operations ,rather than running a trace in SAP.... that would surely have good performance.... just a thought.