cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch and Characteristics tab in SNC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Iam using SNC purchase order collaboration. I would like to use the component batches and characteristics in SNC. But I can not see the the tab for batch & characteristics in the PO details screen of SNC.

How can I enable that. Is there any configuration?. Also I would like to know whether ORDER05 idoc will transmit the batch and characteristics to SNC or I should use PORDCR1 idoc.

Please help

Thanks

Prathib

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prathib,

You will see the Characteristics & Batches Tab in SNC PO only when the PO has items / components have batch information sent from ECC. The tab is not visible by default for normal PO's.

With respect to type of Idoc / XML to use to send this information, please find the limiations with different Idocs:

1. ORDERS05 Idoc - it can neither send batches nor the charactersitic values for batch classification.

2. PORDCR1 Idoc - It can send batches but not the characteristic values

3. PurchaseOrderERPReplenishmentOrderCollaborationNotification (available from ECC 6.0 ehp 4)- It can send both batches and characteristic values.

Refer this saphelp link for more information:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_SCM700_ehp02/helpdata/en/c3/a15742880f448a9d0cda8fa908d4c4/frameset.htm

Regards,

Bharath

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Bharat. You clearly answered my question. I think ORDERS05 idoc will not send the component details (mtl/quantity) as well to SNC.

Could you please tell me what to configure for IDOC PORDCR in WE20 and NACE.

Also in case I want to use the xml message, what config and set up is needed from ECC side.

Thanks

Prathib