cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to resolve conflicts using the DTR shell command?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am trying to resolve conflicts using the dtrShell command tool.

I know I can do this from NWDS but since there are many conflicts to resolve I think the command line can be less time consuming.

So, following this page: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/21/1cdf3f3e054e1de10000000a155106/content.htm

I've logged into the relevant track, browsed to the relevant folder and did RESOLVE -ic -all

The response I'm getting is that the tool scans through all the conflicts then I'm getting "press X to cancel or any key to continue" and I press any key it doesn't start the interactive process but hangs without doing anything.

Any ideas..?

Roy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Roy,

let me point out couple of things crosses my mind if it comes to mass integration conflict resolution:

1) You have permissions to checkin an activity in the workspace where you wish to resolve the conflicts

2) You want to accept the SAME version (active or conflicting) for ALL the conflicts in the workspace

3) You have synced all files from the workspace where you wish to resolve the conflicts

4) You have manually resolved all NAME_CONFLICTs under this workspace. (This must be done manually through the "Integration Conflicts" view in the DTR Client perspective of the IDE. The conflicts of this type are marked with the text "<NAME CONFLICT>" )

5) Your IDE has been closed (this is necessary since the Commandline client will be used for the resolution).

Once you started dtrShell consider these remarks:

Use the RESOLVE command to perform a mass discard of all integration conflicts in a given workspace.

To perform a discard of all "Conflicting" versions, the following parameters must be used:

resolve -ic -all -a <Activity Name> -c <Comment> -w <workspace path>

where,
<Activity Name> is a name for the activity that will be created
<Comment> is a description for this activity
<workspace path> is the path of the workspace

To discard all "active" versions, an additional parameter ( - da ) must be added to the above parameters, as given below :

resolve -ic -all -da -a <Activity Name> -c <Comment> -w <workspace path>

An example is shown below (it discards all Conflicting versions):

resolve -ic -all -a "Resolve Conflict" -c "Mass Discard of Active versions" -w /abc/xyz/dev/inactive/

The command output will then show details of all the conflicts that are being resolved during the execution of this command. After the command completes, type EXIT to terminate the
commandline client.

Please let me know if you proceeded this way.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin

These are actually mostly name conflicts.

Any idea why name conflicts cannot be resolved using the shell?

Roy

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

how many of them do you have?

Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Quite a few, nearly 100.

DTR indicates that there is a name conflict although the name of the file hasn't changed, these are mainly binaries such as images forwarded from a different track.