cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative committment value on a Network Activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

I am not able to close my project due to some Negative committment value (due to a PO) on a Network Activity, kindly suggest any workarounds for this.

Have tried -CJEN, Checked PO of that Activity (Both Final Invoice, Delivery are completed), Reffered some SAP notes, but did not help.

Please let me know is there any other ways to handle this.

Thanks,

Regards,

Sumanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sumanth,

Check in CJI5 report if there are any open commitments.

Also try executing correction programs RKANBU01, RKACOR04.

Refer following SAP note as well

Note 107325 - Residual commitment in spite of final invoice indicator

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

Thanks for your inputs.

There are NO costs showing when I am checking CJI5. But, when I am checking S_ALR reports for committments it is showing some negative balance in committment value.

I have checked the Note, suggested by you and will try to implement in test by creating relevant data for that.

What could be the reason for this and is there any way to handle this without implementing the note (unless until necessary)?

Regards,

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sumanth,

Try to replicate this scenario in test system and then try running correction programs suggested above. After running correction program run CJEN,CJBN.

There could be inconsistency in commitment cost.  Inconsistency occurs because the period values of the totals tables COSP,COSS,COSR,COSL do not correspond to the totals of the corresponding line items COEP, COOI, COEPR, COEPL.

Check note - 1627580 - Causes of Negative Commitments

When we execute correction program RKACOR04 in 'Update' mode for commitments of affected WBS/ Network Activities for which there is inconsistency in commitment cost.

For this correction program, you may refer below mentioned SAP note.

Note 21649 - Comparison Totals records <-> Line items in CO

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

That was an awesome suggestion Tushar, which had fixed the problem!

Thanks a lot for your advise.

Regards,

Sumanth

Answers (0)