cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combined several planned orders into 1 for the same shift

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a material (Z) that consumed by a few materials (A, B, C and D). Lets say I use heuristic to plan A, B, C and D in 1 same shift, which will auto create planned orders for Z.

The problem now is, there will be 4 planned orders created for Z at the same shift, which we do not want, we only want 1 planned orders per 1 shift per 1 material as this will be more convenient for our shopfloor users. Is there a way to combine all those 4 planned orders into 1 planned orders only (total planned qty for the 4 planned orders) during the heuristic runs?

Kindly please advise. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have to create the planned orders for Z at the same time you create planned orders for A?

Instead of running heuristics for Z at the same time as you run A,B,C and D you can try to run ABC and D first. This should create dependant demand on Z

If you run heuristics again on Z only you should be able to generate orders for Z based on the aggregated dependant demand and if you have the right lot size settings you will get only one order (or in the right lot size) for Z.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

I try the method, meaning running heuristic for Z after I run for A, B, C and D, it is still the same, if my demand are from 2 orders, it will still auto create 2 planned orders at the same shift. Is it because of the Heuristic that I used? What heuristic that I should use?

Kindly please advise. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sim

I believe you need to do a low level code determination to ensure the planning sequence is established

pl check the helo files here which tell you what to do

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/5b/4789bbf49e1340b7723acbf5d6a08a/content.htm

this is done before running your heuristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you could run a second heuristic after the current one you run.

There is a standard heuristic which does merge orders (/SAPAPO/HEUR_MERGE_ORDERS). We had a similar problem but this standar heurisctic did not match out requirements, so we had to copy it and modify it.

I hope this help you. Good luck !

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Jose,

Just for my knowledge, how do you run this heuristic, /SAPAPO/HEUR_MERGE_ORDERS? I know we can execute the location, Network and Multilevel by just clicking on the icons in SNP94. Also is this a function module or program that I can run in test mode?

Thanks.