cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Failing to Generate from Template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hellow,

We are on SAP Sourcing 5.1 and are facing a issue when trying to generate a Contract from a newly loaded Contract Document Template (CDT). The CDT consists on only one Clause and one Section (containing the one clause). They both loaded without error. When we test generating a Contract from the CDT, it gets to 10% and then fails. All other previously loaded CDT still generate Contracts without issue. When I check the system logs. The error I see is below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

java.lang.NullPointerException| at
java.io.ByteArrayInputStream.<init>(ByteArrayInputStream.java:109)| at
com.frictionless.contractgen.transitional.GenerateDocBo$FinalXMLToDocThread.doRegularWork(GenerateDocBo.java:2714)|
at
com.frictionless.contractgen.transitional.GenerateDocBo$FinalXMLToDocThread.doWork(GenerateDocBo.java:2448)|
at
com.frictionless.contractgen.transitional.WSRequestThread.run(WSRequestThread.java:96)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone had experience with this type of error before? As always, any input the community can give is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

VL

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check if at all your clauses , section and template all are of same file type .. guess they all are doc type .. and we generally faced this issue and the issue shall be related to word service .

Thanks

Uday

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello,

As others have mentioned, you might be having an issue on the contract gen server itself.  If you are able to generate content using that server with other CDTs, then my guess would be it is not a configuration or password type issue but rather something specific about the content you are sending.  Please take a look at the log files from the contract gen server itself to see if we are perhaps logging some useful information.

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for suggestions! We did restart contract gen server, but it did not resolve issue. This makes sense since previously created contracts were still generating fine. The only contracts failing to generate were the ones reated from a set of new clauses.

We did end up resolving the problem, but removing the majority of the formatting from the new clauses and re-loading them. My guess is that there was some formatting element that the system did not like causing the contract to fail. My argument to SAP, is if the clause was created with the same .dot template file and did not throw any errors at the time of import, why would it fail at the time of contract generation?

Thanks to all who replied.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Restarting the contract gen server helps. Also check for the word service and password validaity dates.

Thanks,

Vikram