cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GeoMap Analysis in webi not displaying in iPad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement that i need to prepare a webi report with GeoMap analysis for iOS. As per the guidelines in SAP Administrator & Report Designer's Guide, I have designed and configured my webi report with following fields as mentioned in the video tutorial of SAP as below.

The table name has been set as Map_lt2_lo3_poi1_od4_gp1.

The Open Document URL is as follows:

="iDocID=AXs.xqMc6AdMuOBfvUJKmfY&sIDType=CUID&sType=wid&sReportName=Report1&sReportPart=Block 3&sRefresh=Y&IsSPromptLocation="+[Location]

I saved the report and assigned it to Categories --> Mobile Designed Category folder.

I am unable to view the geomap in iPad. It is giving me "Content Not Supported" error.

Finding hard to identify the mistake.

Any suggestion really helpful.

Regards

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ram ,

you did correct just add one more field before location like index or anything it will solve your problem

hope you get your answer.

regards,

Vishal

Certified Business Objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

I tried adding one more field(like Sr. No or Country) before location, but still getting the same error.

I think Geomap Analysis not supported in SAP BO 4.0 with SP04 (no Patch is installed). Again its my opinion.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

No way it have to work can u explain me how you   are working on it bcoz it was working fine with me

this is with help of google map in ipad iam using SAP BO 4.0 SP04

and this is with help of apple maps  it is working for me

regards,

vishal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

You mean to say I need to have google map App installed in my iPad or iPhone. Say if I dont have google map installed, will it load or it gives me the error?

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

The procedure I followed is as follows

1) My environment is SAP BO 4.0 SP04.

2) Using BI Launch Pad, I created two webi reports.

3) First report contains vertical table with fields

a) Sr No.

b) State

c) Latittude

d) Longitude

e) Open Document URL column

f) Quantity

g) Revenue

4) The table name has been set as Map_lt2_lo3_poi1_od4_gp1. and Open document link

="iDocID=AXs.xqMc6AdMuOBfvUJKmfY&sIDType=CUID&sType=wid&sReportName=Report1&sReportPart=Block 3&sRefresh=Y&IsSPromptLocation="+[Location]

5) Here the Reportname refers to the Document name of the 2nd report and Reportpart refers to the Block name in the 2nd report.

6) Created 2nd webi report for POI Pop up with single chart block with Revenue as a measure and Location as a query prompt

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

the process to said all correct but still error means i think some jar file may miss from server side may be corrupted or something  please once check  from server side i may not be right but once check it

vishal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

You need to correct the Block name after you added the first column with Sr.No.

Map_lt3_lo4_poi2_od5_gp1

I think that should solve your proble, rest everything seems fine

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Your Link had a typo error, its using "iss" instead if "Lss", so changed that also corrected the way you assign location object to the prompt. Please use the below link it should work for you if you are doing all other steps correctly.

iDocID=AXs.xqMc6AdMuOBfvUJKmfY&sIDType=CUID&sType=wid&sReportName=Report1&sReportPart=Block3&sRefresh=Y&lsSPromptLocation="+[Location]+"

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal

How to get that dropdown ' Top 25 cities' as you have got  in the your report?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

it is a conditional prompt which you will find in the left panel there you give the sort condition/rank in the condition you will get as i got.

hope your answer.

regards,

Vishal

Certified Business Objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal/All,

How did you manage to display the Top 25 Cities?

When you say "Conditional Prompt" is this in Webi?

And how can you display multiple measures like the above screenshot.

Thanks,

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

this  format is correct can show me the table so that i can tell you what went wrong.

Regards,

Vishal.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter

In Query filters section you can define the conditional prompts .

to display all the measures just append _gp1 to your block name

Eg: map_lt5_lo6_poi1_od7_ca1_gp1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ansul/Vishal,

_gp1 worked.

Are you talking about the optional prompt when you say conditional prompt?  See below.

Thanks,

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

great work 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vishal.

But I can't seem to show the dropdown box like the one on the right(Top 25 Cities). what am I doing wrong? The screenshot is attached on my previous reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

not this iam talking about inside you use condition like dropbox, checkbox etc iam talking about it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom, I think vishal is talking about Input Control? try creating a variable with top 25 and add to input control.

Its a guess not sure it will work.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

yes iam talking about it but anyway still not getting i will post the screenshot.

gowdatimma_ramu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

I don't see any issue with the syntax. just fyi, in case there are any issue with the syntax the app should atleast display the table on iPad.

my suspect is along with table you might be using some additional components (not supported components) like Input forms which in turn could be causing this issue.

could you please check and confirm

Regards,

Ramu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramu,

I have applied report filter for filtering no of states. Initially I want to test this with less no of states, If it worked then I want to include remaining states in Geomap Analysis.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First thing came to my mind -is your SAP BI mobile application is up to date?

Also please refer to page 86 of guide

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/420_mobiOS_admin_en.pdf

Comparing your table name Map_lt2_lo3_poi1_od4_gp1. to the example in the guide, I couldnt figure out the use of gp1 part. That might be the problem. Try without it.

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emre,

The App that we are using is 4.4.28 which is the latest available in the market now.

gp1 is nothing but grouping of report measures. It is clear mentioned in Page 100 of the document link provided.

I tried removing that (gp1) and checked but it is simply not displaying any content.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ram,

Did you get this to work.  It works fine for me and I have the same syntax.  The only other area worth exploring is the the app and application (WEBI) security.  Are you able to view non geomap WEBI related content?

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Thanks for you reply. It is still not working for me. Even unable to find where did the mistake lies.

The non-geomap webi related content is working fine in iPad. I can able to view and interact but when comes to Geomap it is not working.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ram,

Also worth checking that the lattitute and longtitude data is formatted as numeric.  Other than that it's possible that it is a version issue.  Can you confirm what version of BO Platform you are on?

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

What version of BOE are you using? Plz mention Service Pack and Patch number too.

If you are using BO 4.0 SP 5 then make sure you also have applied Patch 4. As I had the same issue which then turned out to be a regression bug in BO 4 SP 5. Patch 4 is recommended to be applied. Try this, I am sure you will get rid of this problem.

Regards

Ayaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayaz,

My BOE version is SAP BO 4.0 SP04. No Patch has been installed.

Again Upgrading to SP05 patch 4 takes some licencing and it may not be possible in the current project.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Yes I have checked the Latitude and Longitude data and it is in "NUMERIC" format.

Also as per the SAP Release Notes document, I made sure that my report does meet all the requirements as mentioned in the limitations.

I believe it might be the version issue. I am on BO 4.0 SP04 (no patch as of now).

Regards

Ram

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Installing Patches does not impact any changes on licenses..

(Unless you don't have a valid license already, and can't login to Service Marketplace)

Regards,

H