cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Server Malfunction:Error in Receiver Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are facing a problem with the J2EE Engine of our XI server.No scenario is working,as the receiver adapter is not being called.

For every scenario,the sender adapter works fine,but I get the following error on the receiver side:

<b>'HTTP response contains status code 503 with the description Service Unavailable'.</b>

e.g. in a simple file-to-file scenario,the sender-side file gets picked up but on the receiver-side file I get the above error.

Previously working scenarios are also not working.

The error is in the 'Call Adapter' part of the pipeline and I am reproducing the error (shown in sxmb_moni), for your convenience:

<!-- Call Adapter

-->

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="1">

<SAP:Category>XIServer</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="INTERNAL"><b>HTTP_RESP_STATUS_CODE_NOT_OK</b></SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>503</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2>Service Unavailable</SAP:P2>

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText>&lt;!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC &quot;-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN&quot;&gt; &lt;html&gt; &lt;head&gt; &lt;title&gt;Error Report&lt;/title&gt; &lt;style&gt; td {font-family : Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size : 14px;} A:link A:visited A:active &lt;/style&gt; &lt;/head&gt; &lt;body marginwidth=&quot;0&quot; marginheight=&quot;0&quot; leftmargin=&quot;0&quot; topmargin=&quot;0&quot; rightmargin=&quot;0&quot;&gt; &lt;table width=&quot;100%&quot; cellspacing=&quot;0&quot; cellpadding=&quot;0&quot; border=&quot;0&quot; align=&quot;left&quot; height=&quot;75&quot;&gt; &lt;tr bgcolor=&quot;#FFFFFF&quot;&gt; &lt;td align=&quot;left&quot; colspan=&quot;2&quot; height=&quot;48&quot;&gt;&lt;font face=&quot;Arial, Verdana, Helvetica&quot; size=&quot;4&quot; color=&quot;#666666&quot;&gt;&lt;b&gt;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;503 &amp;nbsp Service Unavailable&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/font&gt;&lt;/td&gt; &lt;/tr&gt; &lt;tr bgcolor=&quot;#3F73A3&quot;&gt; &lt;td height=&quot;23&quot; width=&quot;84&quot;&gt;&lt;img width=1 height=1 border=0 alt=&quot;&quot;&gt;&lt;/td&gt; &lt;td height=&quot;23&quot;&gt;&lt;img width=1 height=1 border=0 alt=&quot;&quot;&gt;&lt;/td&gt; &lt;td align=&quot;right&quot; height=&quot;23&quot;&gt;&lt;font face=&quot;Arial, Verdana, Helvetica&quot; size=&quot;2&quot; color=&quot;#FFFFFF&quot;&gt;&lt;b&gt;SAP J2EE Engine/6.40&amp;nbsp;&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/font&gt;&lt;/td&gt; &lt;/tr&gt; &lt;tr bgcolor=&quot;#9DCDFD&quot;&gt; &lt;td height=&quot;4&quot; colspan=&quot;3&quot;&gt;&lt;img width=1 height=1 border=0 alt=&quot;&quot;&gt;&lt;/td&gt; &lt;/tr&gt; &lt;/table&gt; &lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt; &lt;p&gt;&lt;font face=&quot;Arial, Verdana, Helvetica&quot; size=&quot;3&quot; color=&quot;#000000&quot;&gt;&lt;b&gt;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;The requested application, AFW, is currently unavailable.&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/font&gt;&lt;/p&gt; &lt;p&gt;&lt;font face=&quot;Arial, Verdana, Helvetica&quot; size=&quot;2&quot; color=&quot;#000000&quot;&gt;&lt;table&gt;&lt;tr&gt;&lt;td valign=&quot;top&quot;&gt;&lt;b&gt;&amp;nbsp;Details:&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;td valign=&quot;top&quot;&gt;&lt;PRE&gt;No details available&lt;/PRE&gt;&lt;/font&gt;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;/font&gt;&lt;/p&gt; &lt;/body&gt; &lt;/html&gt;</SAP:AdditionalText>

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack><b>HTTP response contains status code 503 with the description Service Unavailable XML tag</b> Envelope missing in SOAP message header (SAP XI Extension)</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>N</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

The problem is intermittent.The server does work,but only ocassionally.

Your help would be greatly welcome,as we are unable to proceed.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Puloma Chaudhuri.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puloma,

I am getting the same problem, almost 4years after your issue. Could you please let me know the resolution, else please answer to my thread

Regards,

Subhendu Sahu

Edited by: Subhendu Sahu on Mar 2, 2009 5:09 PM

Edited by: Subhendu Sahu on Mar 2, 2009 5:11 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I got the output through restarting the Xi server.

thanks,

peddarapu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds like note #803145 applies to your situation.

- Make sure that the J2EE server is accessible. Check the access to the Receive Servlet as described in the note.

- In the Visual Administrator, navigate to the "SAP XI AF Messaging" service and increase the value of the "pollAttempts" parameter to 100 in the "messaging.connections" property. Do this for all affected connections (AFW, MPA, JPR, RNIFAdapter, CIDXAdapter, BcAdapter). Restart the SAP XI AF Messaging Service and send the message again. Check that all Adapter Services are started.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We increased the trace level to 3 and realized that XISUPER was trying to logon to AE from IS and had insufficient authorizations. We bumped up the authorizations on this user and the problem was fixed. However, we do not understand why XIUSER is talking to AE and not XIISUSER.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you find out what the problem was? We are faced with the same issues. Can you email us how you wend around fixing this issue.

pjayamaruthi@zytalis.com