cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message error KI166 when billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In VF02 when I billing if in the sales order is used an item category ZTAX system replies with Enter a true account assignment object with revenues

If I use another item category system process correctly without any error.

I would undestand what is the reason of this message error with reference to the above item category used in the SO

Thanks

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Check your Item Category under Business Data  Field " Revenue Recognition " ,here what you have maintained ?

Note :May I know , What is the scenario of this?

Thanks,

Naren

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Guest,

So I fixed the issue maintaining as default in the sales order the other item category which is working fine.

In IDES there is an item category TAX (Non-stock item), here the billing relevance = A (delivery related billing). The point is that in this process a delivery shall be created.

In your schedule line category, field "Item rel. f. dlv." is not activated. That mean delivery can not be created.

Two points:

1. Do extensive testing with the new item category used (which has been substituted for the old one with issue)

2. Does the new item category satisfy all the requirements (delivery related, pricing, text, output etc.) which the old item category did?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Are you using PCA? When you are changing the item category, pl to to item - account assignment and see whether profit center is getting populated for both the item categories. Also check in the billing document creation stage whether Profit center is flowing in Item - Item detail - account assignment - profit center.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

let us know what is the scenario and purpose of ZTAX item category?

Also, your screenshots are not very clear.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the print screen but when I add an attachement it always happens

Regards

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the OBYC settings for your valuation area, compare the G/L accounts of the two Materials and let us know

regards,

santosh

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you confirm us the purpose of ZTAX item category, have you checked the schedule line category ( Account assignment category) which has picked up for the line item and its settings in VOV6. This is just some assumption.. I don't think so its the main reason.

Let us know once you check above.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos
  • Schedule line category = CD (without delivery)

• In VOV6 for CD all fields have blank values except the field "Incompl.proced." which has 30 as value (General Sched. Line).

• Don't know who has created this ZTAX entry has item category and for which purpose

As in the sales order the default item category was ZTAX I modified the default to the other item category which works fine but don't understand the difference between this two categories.

What exactly do I have to check in OBYC?

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why don't you check for already created billing documents with ZTAX. you may get some idea. Check in billing tables with Item Cat = ZTAX for the same materials/customers which you are facing problem now.

Without providing proper screenshots and business reasons for the configuration it is bit difficult to guide you.

BTW, are you facing this problem recently? If so, have you moved any recent changes to Production system. Have you created in quality system, try and check their.

You may get some clue. If not, ask you FI consultant to check any FI related settings have been changed in recent past.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Good Idea.....Good Work.

My concern is also same as above sai said .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're right.

I verified tables VBAP and VBRP to understand until what date ZTAX item category has been used without problem and it seems until april 2012.

Nobody received any error until a few days ago.

So I fixed the issue maintaining as default in the sales order the other item category which is working fine.

If any error will arise again I'll analyze more accurately

Thanks

Regards

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I guess ,actually ,It should be " Standard  Revenue Recognition " .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I verified, I confirm your statement "Standard  Revenue Recognition" for both item category 

The item category which works correctly is the one of the left in the print screen

Regards

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Tell me one thing ,Is it coming Error only when You change Item category or else are you changing any another things ?

Note : Your Screen shot is not visible clearly .Please tell me ,what you have done before Billing exactly ?

Thanks,

Naren

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you trying with the same customer?

can you put the description of the error message to see the cost elements?

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, same customer.

The message only says: "Enter a true account assignment object with revenues".

I'll verify OBYC settings but is not clear how OBYC impacts when changing item category in the sales order