Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP to IDoc scenario

former_member644654
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've a requirement which is SOAP to IDoc.

I need few suggestions to check if I've missed any steps.

1) To start with I've received a XSD for the source which I've imported in the External definition.(Please let me know if we are to import only WSDL files or can we import XSD files also)

2) I've created a service interface with Inbound-Asynchronous

3) I've done the Mapping & Operation Mapping

4) I've created a Configuration scenario

5) Created communication channels for both SOAP (Sender Communication Channel) & IDoc (Receiver Communication Channel)

Are there any other things to be configured for SOAP sender & IDoc receiver (Customized IDoc).

Please guide me if need to do anything else.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You might also check out providing an alternative approach to IDoc receiver channel. Regards, Martin

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) To start with I've received a XSD for the source which I've imported in the External definition.(Please let me know if we are to import only WSDL files or can we import XSD files also)

no problem to import XSDs

2) I've created a service interface with Inbound-Asynchronous

Should be outbound

3) I've done the Mapping & Operation Mapping

4) I've created a Configuration scenario

5) Created communication channels for both SOAP (Sender Communication Channel) & IDoc (Receiver Communication Channel)

Are there any other things to be configured for SOAP sender & IDoc receiver (Customized IDoc).

Sender Agreement, Receiver Determintion, Interface Determination, Receiver Agreement

/Udo

former_member644654
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

Thank you for the reply.

I'll do the changes in service interface as suggested by you. However there are few more things which I'm getting confused i.e.

When we define a webservice in Configuration using this URL:

http://<hostname>:<port>/ XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=<party>:<service>:<channel>

Do we share the whole Webservice created?

And the query regarding receiver IDoc is as below:

When we use a customized IDoc do I’ve to create a new logical system, new partner profiles for the IDoc.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do we share the whole Webservice created?

You should provide the wsdl file (generated in IB Directory) to the consumers of the service. Before you should test it (e.g. with soap UI).

When we use a customized IDoc do I’ve to create a new logical system, new partner profiles for the IDoc

You need at least to check that. The logical system is assumedly in place, check for a partner profile (WE20).

/Udo

allamudi_loordh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sreedhar,

if you are using Pi7.1 then go to sender agreement, there is a option display wsdl.. if you select that automatically it will generate wsdl file.. just save it and give it to third party along with you have to give a PI user through which they can send the data.

before giving you can test this wsdl in "wsnavigator" or " soap ui" ..

Idoc

At ECC:whether it is custom or standard Idoc you need to have Logical system, Port,Partner profile,RFC Destination & process code as it is inbound Idoc.

In PI: you need to maintain Port & RFC destination..

Regards,

Loordh.