Content Based Message Search isnt working in SAP PI 7.31

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have configured content based message search in PI7.31 , using the reference:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3191369

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-27549

http://scn.sap.com/message/13792735

I tested the extractor using, test search criteria. Filter found and the extractor is able to retrieve the value successfully.

I already run the report "sxms_extract_messages" and provided the value in the search criteria. It couldnt search the message.However, the message is there with the search criteria.

Could you please suggest what could be wrong.

Many Thanks,

Sushama

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

allamudi_loordh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sushma,

Make sure the steps defined here in the blog..

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2010/12/06/pixi-selecting-messages-using-the.....

give time limit as 1  day..and check..

for synchronous it won't work..

Regards,

Loordh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done the configuration for Integration Engine.

The test search is successful, however its not able to search the message.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Sushama

allamudi_loordh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Please remember that content based message search by default works only after you define and save it in the configuration.so if you'd like to use it for messages which you received before creating the filter you need to go to the filter configuration and run the indexing program yourself (starting with the data on which the message reached PI).

Regards,

Loordh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have run the report sxms_extract_messages manually .

Is there any other way to run the indexing program?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Sushama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushama,

Follow this path to execute indexing program from Java stack,

NWA --> SOA --> Monitoring --> User-Defined Message Search Configuration --> Indexing options --> select date range and click on "Start indexing". The messages sent within the specified date range would be indexed and will be available for search.

Regards,

Netrey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using message search for a web service scenario, having multiple operations.

Its working for one operation, where operation mapping is defined. But, its not working for other operations for the wsdl where the operation mapping is bypassed.

Also, the interface is asynchronous.

Do I need to give the external definition as the interface name and use dynamic header inspite of xpath?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Sushama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks fr the reply.

However, what would be jobid for the indexing?

Please advise.

Regards,

Sushama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushama,

After you click "Start indexing" button, system will automatically generate Job ID, something like this "LMSIndexingJob_1368079741627". You can click on "Indexing status" button to check the status of the job. You will see status message "Indexing completed" after you click this button if indexing job has been finished.

Regards,

Netrey

nirmalkumar_v
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Allamudi,

Are you saying that the user defined message search criteria will only work for asynchronous interface and it won't work for synchronous interface? i have configured it for a synchronous interface and i have followed all the steps in the blog but its still not working.  can you kindly add anything to my issue.

Thanks,

Nirmal

nirmalkumar_v
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Everyone,

the user defined message search criteria will not work for synchronous interface in PI 7.31. is this true?

will it only work for asynchronous interface.

Thanks,

Nirmal

allamudi_loordh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nirmal,

yes, it works for asynchronous scenarios. it will not work for synchronous ..

regards,

loordh.

nirmalkumar_v
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Loordh,

Can the user defined message search criteria be used for searching repeated attributes in a payload or for only unique attributes?  i am unable to configure for a asynchronous interface.  The attributes get repeated several times.

Thanks,

Nirmal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirmal,

Just wanted to check if you were able to resolve/find a solution. I'm in the same boat, implemented the search criteria but in the payload the segment repeats multiple times and system is not extracting the data.

Thanks,

BG.

nirmalkumar_v
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargav,

I am sorry to say that I am not working on that anymore and did not find a solution back then also.

Regards,

Nirmal