cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Solution Manager's extended SID relevant for EWA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to generate EWAs for an ERP system. The managed system configuration was completed successfully and the EWA session has been created as well.

Although, when I try to connect to the satellite system's SDCCN tx, Solution Manager tells me there is no trusted connection for SDD00001 (solution manager's extended ID, just an example, this isn't the real one) which makes me wonder if the error is given the fact that the system is using Solution Manager's extended ID instead of the short one.

I hope I explained myself.

Any advice or comment would be really appreciated.

Thank you!

Maria

P.S. My system is a solution manager 7.1 SPS 8

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was able to configure EWA so the answer to my question is no, the extended SID doesn't interfere with the configuration.

Thank you

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria

The thing I wonder is if you have SDD & SDD0001 and both push EWA data to Solution Manager, which EWA data will end up in your EWA report of SDD? I'm not convinced you would not find SDD0001 data there or a mixture or aggregation of both SID's.

We plainly avoid having the same SID twice in Solution Manager.

In general SAP Solution Manager isn't fully supporting the use of the same SID in different scenarios. For CHARM for example, it is not recommended to use the same SID.

Best regards

Tom