cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define Timeframe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are in midst of implementing SAP GRC process control 10 for an Indian company. So we have to define time frame as per the Indian financial year from April (this year) to March (next year).

So, I am not sure as how to set up this configuration. Although I know the configuration has to be done in Define Time frame. However, require an expert opinion on this.

Also I can see that there is SAP year that is being defined i.e. based on calender year (January to December). Is there any way that we can change this as per Indian financial year or it is hard coded in the system.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sahil.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

@ Rakesh: Thanks for the input.

@ Paul: Thank for the input. Your input precisely answers my question. I did activate all the relevant and required BC sets before the start of the configuration. Also I did read the IMG help and configured the system based on the input. However was not sure if the configuration for the offset in correctly configured. Now based on your input and IMG help I have created the frequency and then created the time frame for year from April to March with next year as an offset +1.

My other query related to this would be that when the calender year changes on 1st January 2014 my fiscal year should not change. It should only change on 1st April. How can this be configured or the new fiscal year created will take care of the change.

Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sahil.

singhsmi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If you define your fiscal year from april this year to march next year. Your fiscal year for year 2014 will always be from APRIL 2014 to MARCH 2015.

If this was your question.

Regards,

Smita.

former_member205878
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

As I can see from your screenshot, you have defined the year from April (same year) to March (next year) , so wherever in the Product you will use "Year" the system will consider your defined year not the SAP standard one.

Regards,

Silky Sharma

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Silky:  Thank you very much for the clarification. This certainly clears my question about the working of the custom time-frame.

@Rakesh, Paul, & Smita: Thank you for the input.

Former Member
0 Kudos

First you have to define the timeframe frequencies, then you can
define the timeframe. It is the frequency that is hardcoded, not the
timeframe.  It is fairly common for a fiscal
calendar other than a calendar year to be defined. The instructions in the IMG
Help are useful. The process is similar to how you define fiscal years in FICO,
if you are familiar with that. I would first ensure that the BC set is
activated for the calendar year. Then I would modify I would modify the
settings as required. For example, for a fiscal year 2013 starting in April
2013, January 2014, would be defined as Month 10 with and offset year of +1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

You can maintain timeframes in the below IMG activity.

Governance, Risks and Compliance->General Settings->Key Attributes->Maintain Timeframes

The IMG guide says Year is hard-coded in the system. Don't know if you can change that. But you can consider creating a new timeframe frequency corresponding to Indian financial year. You can do this in the IMG node "Maintain Timeframe Frequencies" just above the previous node.

Regards

Rakesh Sukumar