cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dispatcher instalation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

I am need to use SAP WEB DISPATCHER to be the entry point HTTP(s) requests into our SAP SRM, my doubt is:

Can I instal SAP WEB DISPATCHER in the same machine as SAP SRM, or not?

Thanks in advance

Nilson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you can!

You can install basically as many instances on one physical host as long as you don't exhaust the resources and don't use conflicting port numbers..

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would rather use the Multiple System approach in Web Dispatcher using modification rules, if there is ever need to have more than one connected systems. Having multiple Web Dispatchers in one server is wasting resources. Maintenance becomes also easier when there is only one configuration file.

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

I partly agree with your statement, but it also bring disadvantages.

Since the webdispatcher doesn't consume a lot of resources I don't see any harm of putting a webdispatcher in front of each system.

From a maintenance perspective one webdispatcher can also introduce disadvantages when you require downtime.. If you use one webdispatcher for many different systems, it will be more difficult to claim downtime for maintenance.

You also introduce one SPOF for many systems at the same time by using this setup...

Kind regards,

Mark

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilson,

Please check the below thread for installation of WebDispatcher

http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-administrator/blog/2013/01/16/sap-web-dispatcher-installation...

http://scn.sap.com/thread/572610

Best Regards,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check Note 538405 - Composite SAP Note: SAP Web Dispatcher

you should be able to install it on the same maschine, but sap does not recommend it.

Best regards

Christian