cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange message between PI 7.11 and PI 7.31(Java Only)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a requirement for synchronous message exchange between PI 7.11 and PI 7.31(java only)

ECC <--> PI 7.11< --> PI 7.3 <--> Internet

What is the best approach? i mean what adapter would be the best fit for this exchange.

As i mentioned, this is a synchronous service, standard xi content is configured in PI 7.11. We want PI7.31 just to route the message to outside world.

PI 7.31 is used here just to comply with security policies in our landscape, removing PI 7.31 is not a solution here.

Any suggestions? Has anyone worked in this kind of exchange?

Regards

Shailesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>ECC <--> PI 7.11< --> PI 7.3 <--> Internet

You can use soap adapter to communicate between 7.11 and 7.3.

Pi 7.3 -  sender is soap and receiver (based on the end system communication protocol)

Between ECC and PI 7.11

ECC can use proxy communication so  PI 7.11 can use proxy sender and soap receiver

Please search scn for proxy sender and soap sender/receiver scenarios..

Advantage of using soap adapter between PI 7.11 and 7.3 -  You don't need to use SLD systems. You can just use business component for soap adapter. Only you have to configure proxy configurations for ecc and pi 7.1

Hope that helps

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nabendu and Baskar,

HTTP,

Yes, both the systems are in same landscape.Even i got a gut that the HTTP communication would work but somehow it was not working for me.

SOAP,

It did work. Since we were using standard content in PI 7.11, i took the approach of forming the SOAP url for PI 7.31 using Service and Channel name instead of the conventional way of generating the WSDL from PI 7.31 and using SOAP URL from there.

But anyways, Thanks to you both and Keep helping

Regards

Shailesh

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

If both 7.11 and 7.31 is within your same client network and not accessible from outside, you can also use HTTP other than SOAP.