cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWCV deleted from SLD accidently

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

1. I was trying to create a SWCV dependency on an existing SWCV and after doing that when I clicked on "Update SLD Information" on ESR I got an Information system message that the existing dependencies will be damaged (couldnt get the message completely). After that I noticed that all the existing namspaces disappeared under that respective SWCV on the left side of ESR.

However when I double click to that respective SWCV then all the Namespaces appears on the right side of the ESR screen. 

2. While reverting the SWCV dependency back to old setting I accidently deleted the same exisiting SWCV in SLD. Now I have created new SWCV with the same name in SLD. Before I click the "Update SLD Information" on ESR will I loose all the older exsiting design objects under that SWCV? What to do here?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Satish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Dont know if your issue has been resolved yet or not. As per your issues here are the things you may like to check:-

1. For your first issue, the reason why you were not able to see the namespaces is because the new SWCV dependency which you have created took the precedence over previous dependency.
    •   So you can check for the dependency under ESR --> dblClk the respective SWCV --> Underlying SWCVs objects. You can add or delete the SWCVs to set up their dependency. This way you bring back the namespaces which have been disappeared.

2. For your second issue you may follow what Mark has commented above. Before importing the SWCV from QA / PROD's SLD, you can compare the GUIDs of SWCV under DEV with the one in QA / PROD to confirm.

Hope you will you be able to resolve your issues.

Good Luck.

Anshul 

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you everyone for your valuable comments. I had followed all the above comments and finally issue has been resolved.

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

what Mark said is correct. i think you deleted the SWCV from one of DEV or QA or PRO, so it is better to import it from the other environments so that you will have the same SLD configuration and no need to change anything in ESR.

if you create new SWCV you have to create the ESR objects one more time, if the deleted SWCV is in some scenarios.

so creating the new SWCV is last option in my view, first try to import from QA or Production.

Hope it will helpfull

Regards

Bhargava krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know what it will do by creating a new one with same name, but I'm curious about something.

Under Design Objects tab in ESR, do you see the filter setting "Objects With Invalid References"? Does it show your namespaces (or underlying objects)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aaron,

It doesnt show any namspaces (or underlying objects) under filter setting "Objects with Invalid References".

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Satish,

Creating a new swcv with the same would generate a new GUID. It will not be the same as the deleted one. What you can do is to look for the same swcv in another SLD e.g QA or Prod, export it and import it into your old system.

Regards,

Mark