Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFCG Authorizations Tab is Green After Menu Change (Should Be red)

richard_kettle
Explorer
0 Kudos

Just upgraded to SAP_BASIS 702 (level 0012) & noticed different behavior when using transx PFCG to change a role.

Expected behavior after inserting a transx in Menu tab would be for Authorizations tab to turn red - but it doesn't, it stays green.  It only turns red if I press save.

Is this working as designed in newer releases?

Thanks people.

Rich.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

This behaviour is correct IMO as you might decide not to save or the transaction is already somewhere else in the menu?

I suspect that it is a side affect of changes to SU25 which solved the problem caused by too many roles to turn red although they should not be affected and not need a merge and new profile generation. This caused the authorization tab to turn red on just about every role when you ran step 2C. You now have to actually process it and have the option to choose "edit old status" as well so are not forced to merge.

But merging is always the correct choise, so it has not bothered me that it was green (and I have a tool to simulate merges so I can see what is needed and which roles are affected by which changes without actually commiting the changes and turning the authorizations tab red).

What is your concern about having to save?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

My concern is that there is now an increased chance of transporting a role that has missing authorizations.

The old way where the authorization tab turned red immediately after inserting a transx in the menu tab alerted you that you needed to do something in the authorization tab. 

It's now very easy to insert a transx in the menu tab, see that the authorization tab is green, press back & save & transport.

During this process you will not see any red lights, but would have transported a role with a red light on the authorization tab - only seen when going back into the role at a later date.

0 Kudos

You could change the habit of back -> save -> transport to save -> back -> transport and when only going back and it asks you to save anyway then a little alert goes off in your mind as souvenir of your first time this happened to you?  😉

However there are checks you should be doing before releasing transports with roles in them anyway. SUPC for non-current and non-existing profiles, checks for profile collisions, checks for the same roles in older but unreleased transport requests, checks for the sequence of the exports and imports... (these are more likely to cause problems IMO and will also detect this).

Cheers,

Julius