cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XSODataservice - Data not reflecting on html

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a xsodataservice for a HANA table. I can see the data if access the .xsodata service directly. But when i am calling this service from html page,

its showing blank page. In Chrome, i see two times its calling messagebundle_en.properties. Once time its successfully, other time it see it as 404 not found error. But i can see this file in navigator.

And below is the html code i am using...

Please let me know what i am missing.

Thanks,

Naresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You haven't defined any columns for your table, that's why you aren't seeing anything the UI. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas. I am defining those. I have a weird issue, once i do the changes, commit and activate, i haev to wait for 1-2 hrs to test these changes. It seems to be a Cache issue. I have seen one thread where you mentioned to comment the HTTP.Cache, i even tried that too. Even that i have the same issue. Any idea? Thanks, Naresh

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Well, you always have to clear your browser cache for .js file changes to take effect.  However if after you clear your browser cache you are still seeing old versions then you are probably seeing the ICM cache. This occurs if you have an older HANA system which has been upgraded in place.  In newer installs, the ICM Cache settings are correct to begin with.

To change the ICM Cache settings you must edit the file at the operating system level of the HANA system.  The file name is sapwebdisp.pfl. It is the directory /usr/sap/<SID>/HDB<Instance Number>/<hostname>/wdisp

You will want to comment out the line that begins with icm/HTTP/server_cache_

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas, Yes we tried that one also (Commenting the server_cache line in that file at Operating system level), even then we have this issue. And about this ODATAservice, i added the columns. Even then i see the same error message as before. Please check the attached html content.

Thanks, Naresh

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Hi Thomas, Yes we tried that one also (Commenting the server_cache line in that file at Operating system level), even then we have this issue

If it isn't the ICM cache and it isn't your browser cache, then you have to consider that it is a network cache that has nothing to do with SAP.  I would discuss with your network administrators.

> Even then i see the same error message as before

What errors. You didn't have any errors before.  The 404 on the messagebundle is nothing to worry about. That's perfectly normal as its just SAPUI5s way to look up if you have specific message bundles for the language and locale.

After you added the columns, do the columns with headers show up in the output?  Are you just not getting content in the table?  In the Chrome developer tools, you can look at the body of the XSODATA response and see the exact data returned.  Are you in fact getting data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas, I am not getting the data. In Chrome, it shows Uncaught reference error.

Thanks,

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This got resolved after i add full Lib paths to the objects like Label, TextView. Thanks, naresh

Answers (0)