cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving data from an embedded component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have an embedded component created in a customer solution. We are able to populate the values in the EC, but not able to save it - ie when I go back to the EC after clicking refresh, data I added to the EC's list is gone.

Any advise on how to get the data to save in the backend...?

Thanks,

Vineet.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

are you sure you send data changes within your EC back to the ByD data model?

Best regards,

Felix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Felix,

I dont have access to the backend, so cant say for sure...but on the screen, it gives the message at the bottom of page saying your data is saved.

Thanks,

Vineet.

former_member197479
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

Just make sure that you're following the same data model as in your own B.O (QA or another one) and just add a new button, that will save your data.

If that doesn't work you can always create an action in your B.O and try to implement what I'll like to call a manual save, that basically will make a CustomBo.Create().

Try to call it within a button in your E.C, and always remember to mark the check box Save After Execution

Regards,

Melvin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

I´ve been following the conversation so far.

I have added my embedded component into the "salesorderoifeco" - screen (Sales Order Object Instance Floorplan).

I have created an Inport Parameter "node" which is bound against the node-element of my CustomBO.

I´ve mapped the PublicOutportECSalesOrderItem which is a Parameter having a node structure with my own node Inport-Parameter.

I have success in reading the instances of my bo, but don´t succeed in saving. But saving works, e.g. in Material Master Data UI. Why only there? It also works on the root level of the SalesOrder which has the SalesOrderID as an Outport-Parameter.

Did the retrieve-function work for you? I don´t know how to use it. Because it cannot find the UUID of my customBO (AfterModify).

Is there another possibility?

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Rufat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vineet,

Please clearify in which screen have you added that EC component..?

Have you added it in standard QA or OIF screen..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I have added it to standard QA screen - COD_SEOD_Agent_Workspace_TI as an extra tab in the Overview section. Its the Service Request Ticket screen..

Thanks,

Vineet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Vineet.

So I got your Problem. Your embedded component is attached to standard QA screen through UUID.

So when you save data and reopen it You dont see your data.

Dont worry, Your data is getting saved in your custom BO binded with EC. but when you reopen it, Standard screen is not identifying your custom BO instance which got saved initially.

So you can do a workaround here.In AfterModify of your custom BO use

CustomBOins   =            customBO.Retrieve(UUID);

Now fill your custom BO elements again using this.<element1> etc.

I am not sure if it solves your problem. Just give it a try

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Saurabh.

I think the issue we are having is that we are not able to obtain the data that is saved to the database itself...

customBO.Retrieve may give us the data that is added to the UI and not yet saved to the database...

Maybe we should use a query? If yes, is there an example of how to go about it...?

Thanks,

Vineet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can give a try using Retrieve function. Turn on the tracing to see what values you are getting .

Yah... You can use query as well. Just query your own BO based on that UUID.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use Retrieve function instead of query. Because, you actually want to display the data in the EC when the standard QAF screen is edited. right? In that case, your current instance will be in buffer.