cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Reserved Pricing Condition Tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All SAP Experts,

I need your thoughts and feedbacks about modifying a SAP pricing condition table which is actually reserved for them. As all of you know, the pricing tables from A001 to A499 have been reserved for the SAP and recommended not to touch it. But, what do you think if one of those is modified? What would be pros and cons?

I really appreciate for any feedback and therefore, I will give you a point .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Why you want to change a standard table when you can create a copy of that and use this copy. Standard configuration should not be changed because whenever you upgrade your SAP system to a new version it always create a lot of problems if we gamble with SAP standards.

You also don't know where that table is being used and if you change that table it might have wrong impacts in your pricing also all previous condition records will be finished. So in short dont gamble with standards and make a copy of standard table.

Thank$

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I will give you a point

Don't add these types of comments, which is against forum rules.

Regarding your question, you can find the answer by yourself by searching the forum/web.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shiva,

Thanks for the tip. It is a part of joke that's why I put the wink emoticon.

Anyway, I tried to search it by myself in everywhere that I could think about. But, I was not lucky enough to find it. If you have found one, would you be willing to share it with me?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I agree with all of you.

First of all, the reason to consider to make a change to a standard condition table is because our tables are running out. Surprising, huh? But it is true.

Yes! I am totally against that change and so, looking for a very strong reason to justify my objection. And, I like the item #4 provided by Vemuri which I wasn't aware of. I didn't know it would be subject to the license cancellation. Is there a way to verify it? If there is a sort of written statement, it would be great.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP has set some restriction to make changes to the standard configuration

For example if you make and changes to the Pricing tables

1. It may have negative impact on standard or system functions

2. During system upgrades, Only standard changes will be upgraded automatically which were created by SAP and all other object will be ignored by default, so you have to upgrade all Z program separately in which SAP standard objects will be ignored without being upgraded in case of modifications

3. Any changes to standard will not have support from SAP

4. During AUDIT from SAP, these changes will be asked to revert back without Support from SAP, in some cases they may also cancel the Licences

Keeping all this in mind, SAP suggested not to make changes to standard objects, instead suggested to copy the standard and name it with Z

In your case, 500- 999 are left for Customized tables for pricing

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not at all recommended to touch the standard tables listed by you. You can copy and create a new cond table.

What is the reason behind changing the stand cond table??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jiyeon,

The client in which you work is set so that it is not possible to change Repository objects here. SAP recommends that you only permit Repository objects in special development clients to be changed. Therefore log on to a client in which changes to Repository objects are allowed.

The client setting can be changed by the system administrator. For this the CTS administration authorization (up to Release 3.1Z is needed: S_CTS_ALL, as of 4.0A: S_CTS_ADMIN). Proceed as follows:

- Tools -> Administration -> Administration -> Client admin.

-> Client maintenance

Client maintenance (or maintain Transaction SM31, table T000)

- Choose "Display -> Change"

- Place the cursor on the required client and

choose "Detail"

- Choose within "Client-independent

object cahnges" with the possible entries pushbutton the option

"No changes of client-independent Customizing objects" or

"Changes to repository and client-independent Customizing

allowedand save.

Regards