Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM: problem with a normal and an urgent change in one RfC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have encountered a problem with request for change:

• I have one normal and one urgent change in the scope of one RfC at the same time
  • I set the RfC into development, the system tries to create the change documents.
  • But it takes very long and at the end, the change documents can't be created (connection error) and the RfC is locked by myself - the lock has to be deleted using SM12.
  • If I delete the lock and enter the RfC again and try to put it into development, the status will be changed to "Being implemented", but no Change Document created, so I can't do nothing about this RfC anymore.

I'd like to ask:

• Is it technically not possible to have normal and urgent change in one RfC at the same time?
  • If it is possible, how should I solve this?

Thanks!

Kris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) It is possible to have NC and UC in one RfC.

2) You need to go for a "Insert" option in scope assignment block to add any type of CD.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek, I think I expressed it wrong. I followed the process you mentioned. The problem is, the creation of change documents (both UC and NC) is not successful. The system hangs if I try to do so.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kris,

I solved the issue, specifically by following step 3. of Mr. Vollmer's document:

http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/solution-manager/blog/2012/10/10/a-non-standard-use-c...

In any case, please check all 4 steps.

Kindly advise,

Regards,

#solman71today