Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening date for technical response not reached yet

sap_2605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP experts,

We are in SRM 7.01 with backend ECC 6.05 deploying classic scenario, and activating two-envelope bidding. After configuring one transaction type of RFx as two-envelope bidding, when i create new RFx for this type I see some new fields and button (field 'Technical RFx response opening date' and button 'Technical RFx' for instance).

I dont input any value at all into the technical RFx response opening date. I assume that it means that I dont want to put any restriction on the opening time of the technical response, same with field Opening date with the common RFx.

However after vendor submit their technical document. When I want to see open it i got this error message "opening date for technical response is not reached". So this make me wonder, does this field is mandatory if we use two-envelope? Or is there a configuration for this?

Best regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member22425
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello John,

At the time of RFx creation, if you are not entering the details for the technical RFx response opening date , then your submission deadline will be picked as deadline to view the response details.

In a normal scenario if the vendor submits the response before the submission deadline, purchaser can view the price details. But in a two-envelope bidding case the system validates the opening of the

technical response based on the simultaneous login configuration. Once the technical rfx is done successfully , then the technical evaluators  will be notified via email to view and update there comments for the technical RFx details.

Best Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

When are you receiving the error? Are you starting the opening of technical responses?

Have you configured simultaneous logon?

I think that field is for validating when you are able to start opening bids.

Regards,

Martín

Former Member
0 Kudos

Technical RFx Opening Date/Time and the Financial Opening Date/Time are always mandatory in business. But for some unknown reasons, SAP has not put this field as mandatory in the user interface.

In all the implementations, I have done - we will make it mandatory through some configuration "Field Control" tweaks.