Did you mean: 

Md04 Plan delivery time, GR processing time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In our system SAP works as;

requirement date - GR processing time = delivery date

delivery date - Plan delivery time = Release date

System consider Plan delivery time on Material master not from inforecord how can i change this ?

MD04 consider avability date as Confirmation date Of Vendor  not add any tranport time , how can we solve this ?

To add trasport time to GR processing time is a method but not solve problem while i purchase one material from different vendors.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for link, it is clear that this is a gap on standart SAP, i think better way to implement special table and add a transport time from inforecord

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-40546

we are making goods receipt with movement 101 to quality control than 311 to warehouse.

we have a special transaction for measuring vendors.

The rule are:

for abroad suppliers; i work as ex-w and the responsibility of transport is mine thus abroad suppliers gives confirmation as ex-w

for local suppliers; they confirm as they deliver goods on confirmation date to our plant.

important point is document date on migo!

for ex-w: document date is invoice date of supplier means the date goods are ready must be equal to confirmatiıon date

for local: document date is the date goods arrive to our plant, malterial income guys enter manually.

and i measure : confirmation - document date !

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the standard calculation of delivery date is described here:

SAP Library - Material Requirements Planning (PP-MRP)

The availability date of this procurement proposal is 1 March. Starting from here, the system schedules backwards, that is, the goods receipt processing time is subtracted, resulting in the delivery date 28 February. Then the system subtracts the planned delivery time of three days which results in the release date 24 February.

I think an option can be to submit the release date as delivery to your ex work vendor. This is just a smaller change in the print program.

However this does not solve the problem what comes with order confirmation, in case your vendor confirms the pick-up date. Usually the delivery date is understood as the date when the material arrives at your plant. That is at least the standard SAP design as you could read above.

How would you post your goods receipt? with the pick-up date, or the actual receipt date?

if you post with the actual receipt date, and you want use vendor evaluation, then your vendor gets bad rates, as he is always late for the days needed for transportation. because SAP compares receipt date with statistical delivery date.

Frankly spoken, you either change the confirmed date or you change the statistical delivery date. which field change is more convenient?

Former Member
0 Kudos

do you have any idea for transport times ?

here a sample PO delivery date delivery date is 27.05 and GR processing time = 5 day

MD04 date is 03.06,

but these material has 15 day transport time , how and where can add this transport time ?

former_member215582
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are purchasing from vendor based on Ex Work, then how are you posting GR? Are you using mvt type 107 & 109? Please go through below document on SDN which will explain how to enable Ex Work procurement with additional development work.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-40546

FYI--- In the std SAP ECC system, you can't capture transportation time separately.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are your requisitions with an assigned source?

how are the requisitions created? by MRP run?

do you have a source list with one item that is marked for MRP relevant?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Yes requisitions are being created by MRP.

We have inforecord for all materials and more than one vendor for some materials.

For taking plan delivery times from inforecord instead of material master sould i change this vale from OMI8

For transport time what can i do? I mainly works as ex-w with my vendors,

and I do not want to add transport times tp GR process time cause i have some materials i buy from different vendors at different countries hence teher is different transport times.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For sure you have to maintian OMI8, the F1 help explains everything.

But even with this setting, you have to make sure  that SAP can find a certain info records to get the planning time from there..

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

once you check mark that it will take the data from info record