Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor result capture

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My client requirement is like that they have to capture both vendor as well as own results in system.

When we do GR against Purchase order, Inspection lot creates. We can record the results of only own (in-house results) of the inspection lot.

But how can we maintained the vendor's results at the time of result recording?

Please suggest....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul, you can make use of 2 operations in inspection plan.

1. Create first operation in inspection plan as In-house result recording and another as Vendor results
  2. Define applicable/appropriate MIC under each operations.
  3. Let the inspection lot generate
  4. As soon as you click on result recording in QA32, you will be prompted with screen of 2 operations.
  5. Double click on Vendor results and input vendor's readings
  6. Save
  7. Again click in result recording and select in house operation. Input those readings there.
  8. You can fetch operation wise results later in a customized report.

Regards, Anand

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is better solution but it can be useful for 1 vendor for material. If in case of material have 2-3 vendors then how I map in system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

It is better to keep create two or three Inspection plan with different counters under the same group and assigning these counters to appropriate vendors.Maintain the first operation(In house Opeartion) as common for all these Inspection Plans and second operation(Vendor Results) as different accordingly to vendors assigned.

You can also use copy functionality of Inspection plan to replicate the first  operation for all the Inspection plans.

Regards

Mohan

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul, I didn't get this correctly! Inspection lot has only one vendor assigned to it.

However you can have n number of inspection plans vendor wise. For example, a material is received from 3 vendors A,B and C. Then you can have 3 inspection plans (for each vendor) if the specifications vary vendor to vendor. Suppose you have created 3 inspection plans of group say 1,2 and 3 respectively, then each groups (means inspection plan) can have 2 operations as mentioned earlier with same logic.

If your inspection plan is same for all vendors and you want to record vendor wise, you can still go on adding those many operations say V1, V2..for entering respective vendor's readings.

I still believe an inspection lot has only one vendor code associated with it, hence it should not craete any issue here!

Regards, Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Each GR will be against only one vendor. So as mentioned above, Inspection Plans can be created vendor wise to accommodate this.

Else, you can use Source Inspection to capture the vendor results & GR inspection to capture your own results.

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ananad,

Here the In-house plan is same for all, but the vendor,s plan is different. So that I go for you 2nd suggestion. I created 1 group in that i maintained 1st operation for in-house & 2nd, 3rd operations for  vendor A & B.

When we do GRN against PO having Vendor A, Inspection lot contain vendor A. But while result recording system showing 3 operations as per inspection plan. I have to record only vendor A results not for B vendor still system is showing the 3rd operations.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul, I got this now with clarity! As I understand,

1. You have created only inspection plan and assigned several materials to it.
  2. The list of these materials contain variety of being in warded from different vendors.

So I would suggest not to go with adding those many operation in a plan, (considering above latest fact)

Instead, you should create a separate inspection plan for each material containing 2 operation, one as in house and another as vendor's results. You can do the same by mass upload so even if it is a cumbersome task but one time activity.

Otherwise, as per second suggestion, your observation is correct. System will still go on showing those many vendors in operation even if it in in warded from different vendor, as we are forcefully connecting operations to vendor and it does not have any link with actual vendor code. I find 2 choices here, 1) Create one as to one inspection plan for every material OR 2) Stand with common inspection plan with multiple operations (containing operation for unwanted vendors)

Regards, Anand

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Anand I go with your 1st suggestion....

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If you have single material with different vendor or single material with single vendor, it is very well possible if you use Multiple specification and in that you may maintain vendor wise specification and record results accordingly.

But check whether this is fit for your rquirement or not BCOZ multiple specification for country customer and vendor is at client level setting.

Solution is with you as suggested by above leaders as well as by me check and go for correct one.

Regards

S.Gaur

former_member211618
Contributor
0 Kudos

vendor's results means?? (Received vendor inspection report results???)