cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation of inspection lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

We have created purchase order with the cost center account assignment categoy. When we do the goods receipt against the purchase order the sotck moves to quality inspection because of the inspection type 01. Now the client has developed some custom code which clears the stock automatically from quality inspection to unrestricted use and from there the stock is consumed by the cost center directly. Moreover the inspection lot is having the created status (CRTD) since there is no material specification and inspection plan. Now when we do the MIRO (invoice posting) against the purchase order the system is throwing custom error message  ( Zmessage: The inspection lot has to be made UD).

Whether if i cancell my inspection lot, system will allow me to do the MIRO posting? If so what is the impact of cancelling the inspection lot?

Please guide me in this regard. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

You have only option to create Inspecton plan or assign this material to one of the material no. that have already inspection plan & do RR, UD process.

After UD your MIRO will clear.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am closing this thread since my issue has been resolved by creating material specification and releasing the inspection lots and followed by UD.

Thanks all for your support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Based on your message, system is giving only Z message (Custom error message). So its done through some custom code.

So, in coding, either you can make this message as warning or information message else do the required process which is stopping you from doing MIRO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sujit / Rahul / Anand,

Thanks for the reply,

We are having more than 100 inspection lots. Is there any way to collectively release all the inspection lots. Is it possible to do the mass usage decision or collective UD for all the inspection lots?

Former Member
0 Kudos

its bit confusing ,system gives you Zmessage: The inspection lot has to be made UD ,when UD is not taken.

Better you check the origin of this msg,Purpose of this msg.

Secondly ,If you have to do UD ,then status of the IL should be REL & not CRTD.

hence you have to crteate a task list & attach to IL ,then you can think of talking collective UD through QA10 /QA16

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish, I think some custom logic is applied using user exit in your system which is stopping you for MIRO. If you can understand the same by debugging it would be more clarified. Accordingly you can fulfill the required conditions.

Alternatively, I wonder if you are using K i.e. cost center as account assignment category, then stock never comes in MMBE, neither in QI nor in unrestricted. It gets consumed directly the moment it gets in warded. Instead, here it is getting posted in QI and cleared in background!

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all,

Stock has already consumed

&

stock posting is also done for this lot ,

Hence this lot can not be cancellled.

What I think  is ,you should create a task list with past date & attach the same to this IL through QA02.

this will put lot in "REL" status.After this you can do UD of the IL.

This will solve your issue of MIRO.