cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI RFC Destinations (ABAP-J2EE) Hang Indefinitely

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

We're on the very latest version of XI (7.0 SP10) with the latest patches. We're only seeing this issue in 1 of 3 XI environments.

Our system runs fine great for a while and then after about 2-24 hours the following 3 RFC destinations hang indefinitely (when tested in SM59). If I restart the J2EE engine (usually 2 times), everything works fine for a while.

AI_DIRECTORY_JCOSERVER

AI_RUNTIME_JCOSERVER

LCRSAPRFC

This results in:

1) XI Message LUWs execute indefinitely in the queues because they’re using these RFC destinations to communicate with the J2EE engine to run the message mapping.

2) The SLD check hangs indefinitely with "Testing the RFC connection to the SLD java client".

3) In the RWB, under Component Monitoring, the Self-Test for the Integration Engine hangs indefinitely.

I've checked:

1) The destinations on the ABAP side are correct: Unicode checked, Prog Id correct, user PI_JCO_RFC has the SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION_RO role. The just hang sometimes when tested and never return an error.

2) The destinations in the J2EE Visual Admin are correct. I've tried resetting the passwords and starting and stopping the destinations.

3) The connections show up correctly in the SAP Gateway->Logged on Clients (20 per destination).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

J Wolff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check whether the RFC program IDs for the respective RFC's are configured properly in the J2EE Visual Administration under the JCO provider.

Regards

Gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

The RFC destination program ids are definitely correct which makes sense because the communication works for a while before hanging.

It looks like the SP10 kernel upgrade didn't include the IGS package and that seems to be the source of our issues based on information from dev_rfc.trc. We're going to upgrade this and see if it resolves the issue.

Thanks,

J Wolff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note 1007649 solved the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wolf,

your SLD setting are not configured properly check whether SLDAPICUST RFC and other RFC are configured and our SLDCheck should work then only your SLD connections are working fine.

Regards

Sreeeram.G.Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeram,

The SLD is configured properly. The SLD check hanging is only one symptom of the issue and it's happening because the LCRSAPRFC RFC Destination hangs.

The question is why do these RFC destinations hang indefinitely until I do a few J2EE restarts. Then it's fine for a few hours and then they start hanging again.

Thanks,

J Wolff