cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of controlling area

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need to transfer company codes from one controlling area to another, given that the 2 controlling areas will remain distinct (ie. it's not a merge).

Is it covered by SAP LT 2.0 ?

Best Regards,

JC Forszpaniak.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

there is no standard scenario within SAP LT to achieve a company code transfer to another controlling area.

I assume the source controlling area contains more than one company code and some of the company codes should stay there. The challenge in this scenario is to find valid split/selection criteria to select the data that needs to be transferred from the source controlling area to the target. The company code will not be sufficient in all cases. This is more than just a technical exercise because it depends on your specific CO setup. Feel free to contact me if you need more help on that.

Best Regards

Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

For some reasons, this topics has just been displayed today on my list.

A (late) thank you for your clear answer, Sascha.

For your information, we chose a clear cut, meaning opening a new company code and migrating the full GL balance to the new entity. This is also clearer for operational and finance people, at the end...

Best regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sandeep_Kumar
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

With SAP LT you can achieve the below scenarios - I have only listed the relevant ones below :

- Controlling area rename/merge

- Company code rename/merge

- Cost center rename/merge

- Profit center rename/merge

but in your case you  do not want a rename or merge but re-assign company codes to different controlling area which can be realized with expert consulting from SLO.

You can get further help from slo.consulting@sap.com