cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in "Using Excel Templates in SAP Sourcing Reports"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

While going through some blogs, I have found the below blog very interesting.

http://scn.sap.com/community/sourcing/blog/2010/10/21/using-excel-templates-in-sap-sourcing-reports.

I am able to populate the values to the sheets which has query name as its sheet name, but facing an issue in the final sheet where data from other sheets has to get populated. After we click on the Excel icon from the reports, no data is getting populated in the final sheet. I have properly followed all the steps mentioned in the blog(including =Sheet1!a1 ).

Do I need to set any system settings or properties, need some inputs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Vignesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

If I understand the issue correctly, you can see the query results in the corresponding worksheet, but don’t see any data being populated on the last worksheet. If that’s true, then we know queries in Sourcing is working as expected. Problem could be, the way last worksheet is configured to pull data from other worksheets. A quick test is to test it outside of Sourcing by manually  populating some dummy data and see if the last worksheet can pull the data. 

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Thanks for your reply!!! I have checked the same excel outside of sourcing and the values are successfully getting updated in the last sheet.

I also observed that, the excel sheet which we export from report is always in non edit mode. So, after clicking on "Enable editing", in the final sheet,if we double click on a particular cell(which will have value otherwise) then the value is getting populated. As SDN doesn't support excel import, i have taken a screenshot of final sheet and attaching below. In the screenshot, we can observe that few of the cell where I have double clicked have data.

Do I need to do any system setting for solving this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Vignesh