cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Consignment Return

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,   Kindly provide your suggestion for below issue-  The problem is coming in consignment returns for free goods. Business is creating the Consignment return order without any reference. The process being followed is as below-  _                creating the Consignment return order without reference  -     Putting material and quantities say 10, 20, 30 line items where few line item are free goods -     Manually changing the item category to Free goods ( a specific item category for Free goods for consignment) -     Putting the storage location and batch for each line -     Order is successfully created but issue arrives in delivery as while doing PGR, the system is showing the message- Only 0 PC of Material XYZ ABC(batch) is available ONLY for free goods line -     There is no error or issue while doing the return for normal return goods  Business is following the same process since start and we can see a number of documents with similar set up where free goods are returned under con. Return order.  Now I am some queries- -     Ideally how should the consignment return be followed, is there any issue with the steps being followed? -     In Con. Return, from where the stock is being returned? Means when business put the batch information in line item, what is the use of it in      return order processing for a without reference order.  (  the batch field is mandatory at order level) -     What could be the possible issues with this error observed.  Kindly suggest for the same. We tried to check for possible options but not sure about the root cause of such error message.   Please let me know if any other information is needed.   Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dharmendra,

I agree with Bojja w.r.t. "check the movement type" in your schedule line category.

The error which you are getting is for taking stock out of your plant. (e.g. from delivering plant to SH customer). But in your case you are getting the goods back to the Consignment warehouse!

http://scn.sap.com/thread/682609

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,   Thanks for the feedback. PFB the settings maintained in system-      The schedule line category is custom ZI- with following information: Movt type- 634 Item relv for delv- ticked In transaction flow-Req/ Assembly ticked      Item category custom- ZINW with following details Under Business data- Special Stock-W, Billing relevance-M,                      -Business item, Sche Line allowed,wgt/ vol relevant, credit active, determine cost= ticked       Sales doc type- Customer- ZIP6 Doc category- H  Movt Type for free goods and normal goods is same as 634 in earlier transactions. We are creating a Consignment return (not pick up) with a custom order type as mentioned above.  The batch level stock is either nil or showing some non-zero stock in unrestricted customer consignment stock which was posted in earlier successful transactions. In MB51- the stock is shown as per the movements happened and matched with current quantity. Both the normal and free good delivery item categories are marked as ‘Not relevant of picking’.  @ Dear Bojja- As per your comment “ and also issue item category receipt item category is same , otherwise system sows error message”. Sorry but I did not get what is being referred? Can you please elaborate as how to check.  I am still not sure as the process is ok or not. As asked earlier- when the consignment return is being placed, how the stock movement happens in real business scenario i.e. it is taken from where? And whether system does any check?  In addition, no issue is coming for normal goods, it is being PGR without any issue no matter any stock is present in batch in customer consignment or not.  Please provide your valuable inputs. In case of any additional info, let me know pls.  Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Your settings and process seems ok and this is normal process. When we create consignment sale return system acs like normal sale return and put stock in customer consignment with special stock indicator W.

When we create sale return then FOC goods are not exploded automatically. Your FOC item category is manualy entered. Since you are saying that this process has been done for many other materials so I think there might be some data entry mistake or master data mistake. Please check schedule line category of free goods item again for confirmation.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am still clueless about the possible error. Rechecked the item category for Free goods, nothing is changed recently.

Please help as what could be the error as business is not at all able to create Cons return with free goods. We tried to create the free goods items separatley but encountered same error by putting any batch which does not have any unrestricted cons stock.

Awaiting for feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please paste the screen shot of error message?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dharmendra,

Create a Consignment return for the free goods, with those MMRs that are done consignment issue (in other words, test the Free goods process / settings with a MMR not sold for free - For testing purpose).

Do you see any error while doing PGR?

Message was edited by: T W - extra description given in blue color font.

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

pl check the delivery item category ,

and also check the batch level stock , the batch stock where is posted ,

check the mb51 batch stock , check the delivery document movement type, the tann item category relavent for picking  , so you deactivate the this picking relevant  ,

and also issue item category receipt item category is same  , other wise system sows error message

pl check above point

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Please share which Sales document type, Item Cateogry, Scheduline category you are using. If these are customized then please share the changed you have made or simply tell us standard categories you have copied to your custom.

Are you creating consignment return order or is it consignment pickup? Can you check movement type in scheduline line category. Movement type for Free goods and Normal goods is some or different?

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmendra Kumar

Please check your item category and schedule line it is bringing for your sales document and update the same.

Thank$

A M