cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Creation of Order Acknowledgements for Individual PO Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the "Individual PO" process in SAP a Req, then PO get created from a Sales Order.  It's similar to the Third Party Process except the vendor doesn't ship the product, it comes back here and we ship it. 

When the PO gets created (saved) from the Req which was created from the Sales Order the Sales Order line gets confirmed.  I can manually create an Order Acknowledgement at that point and email it to the customer.  However, I want this to happen automatically when the PO is saved, and the Order line confirmed. 

How do I set this up/configure it to happen? 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

One  point to clarify here, as you said PO upon saving will confirm the Sales order line item, but in Standard once you do the MIGO to the received plant then only the stock will be confirmed in the sales order line item.

So we have a standard message type  at the MIGO MBGMCR , you can modify the Funtion module associated to it, so that i will trigger an output in the sales order

From SD perspective, you have to create a new output type with simple mail as Medium and program to send mail

you can check and leverage the standard output type MAIL to do this

alternatively you can use the PO to SO IDOC process using ORDERSP message type,which will create an output

check with your abaper which process can be achieved easily

Involve your MM guys as well as it is integrated with MM

regards,

santosh

Answers (0)